MTN SA results: data going strong

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
The decline might be because people leaving them for Cell-C and VC! I am one of them. I can't take it any longer and even logged a call with them and they "solved" the problem by installing a few antennas and repeaters. After this I still experience dropped calls and no data! My tablet with a VC sim and is 10x faster on download speed. I tested it.
By the way, this is in Cape Town CBD!

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
I'm thinking that much of that growth can be attributed directly to the awesomeness that is Afrihost Mobile

cozinsky

Expert Member
MTN maybe you should consider putting up a few towers in Pretoria because here I only get EDGE. Hence I canned 4 MTN contracts. Now I am with Vodacom and Cell C and pretty happy.

Allin

Expert Member
The few times I had to depend on MTN for a data connection I found it to be be shocking compared to Cell C

Ryansr

Expert Member
For me it would make sense for this kind of trend to occur across all mobile networks as people are really using instant messaging more than voice and sms services.

Google hangouts supports video calling and has even started integrating it's messages with normal sms messages.