MTN warns of rolling mobile network blackouts

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Cry me a river...

The only blackout you will see with that attitude is customers moving to the competition.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Lol,well this is new,but understandable

I mean there are only so many airwaves to go around so rolling network blackouts sounds totes legit

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
AG this su...

You know what? I will not recommend MTN at all.

Sadly, Telkom Mobile (roaming) and Afrihost Mobile will suffer :(

Hope they take you to court should their bottom line get affected, should be fun to watch :D

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Cry me a river...

The only blackout you will see with that attitude is customers moving to the competition.
Voda? CellC? Telkom Mobile? :p

Keep in mind TM roams on MTN. And Afrihost uses MTN as well.

Should be interesting :D

siraman

Expert Member
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!BEFORE I EVEN READ THE ARTICLE...BOLLOCKS!!!!!

By blackouts you mean BLACKMAIL?!?!?

LPCPT

Unlike Eiscom, there is alternatives available. Time for Telkom mobile and Cell C to beef up their networks. The customer are coming.

Ecco

Executive Member
I call BS. Scare tactics from MTN.

MTN its all about competition, and you need to get with the programme or get out of business.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Thanks for the warning but what can we as customers do? Maybe we should petition ICASA to INCREASE the MTRs or maybe we can have a fkn bake sale to help raise funds to save the sinking ship that is MTN:

South Africa ARPU Sept 2013: R106,06 /quarter
Total Users: 25million
Revenue/quarter= 2.6 billion = 10.6 billion/a

If cutting that MTR into a quarter really drops your revenue by an equal amount, I have no idea how you will survive on 2.6billion per year. Maybe we should tell your investors that.

bekdik

Honorary Master
Is this guy for real?

I'm sure that he realizes that, when cost cutting, a zero income will produce an infinite profit on cost? Oh, wait ...

supersunbird

Honorary Master
MTN doesn't care about SA except for you wallets, they never reply to media queries, have bad systems. The only reason they are commenting is because their interest in our wallets is threatened. R2.30 a minute on Anytime products show this.

muffin12

Media should run with this. can see the headlines "MTN to be hit by Blackouts". Wow from overpaid CEO.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
So he is blatantly admitting that the MTN business model in ZA is based on an environment of week regulation and oligopoly. Well in that case don't let the door hit your ass as you GTFO of South Africa!

MickeyD

RIP
He added that MTN may give greater focus to other countries ahead of South Africa as result of latest mobile termination rate reductions.
If your SA operations are not profitable then sell it off...

Randux

Expert Member
Is that so? Well then more business for Vodacon, Cell C & Telkom.

P.S Lol