Mweb 384 uncapped - slow nzb downloads

Yup, same thing is happening to me. I'm on 384 MWEB in Cape Town.

If they don't sort it out soon I'm switching providers. A few days is one thing... a week is unacceptable.

You hearing this MWEB? Get your act together!
 
Currently getting .8-1.3 kB/s from mweb news server >.< uncapped 4mb :P
 
People, I think it's time to let our wallets speak and move to Openweb... seriously. The speeds for me have dropped to nothing. 0.5 on any line just isn't acceptable. Even during business hours.
 
People, I think it's time to let our wallets speak and move to Openweb... seriously. The speeds for me have dropped to nothing. 0.5 on any line just isn't acceptable. Even during business hours.

+1 end Nov is d-day for me
 
People, I think it's time to let our wallets speak and move to Openweb... seriously. The speeds for me have dropped to nothing. 0.5 on any line just isn't acceptable. Even during business hours.

Seems like every account my mbb users in big numbers eventually , deteriorate Digichili, screamer , Mweb were all excellent accounts as ,more users sign up it gets worse .
 
Yeah true schumi.

Digichilli was a waste though, so was screamer. Those MWEB 'upgrades' made a mess of things. They installed shaping + throttling :p
 
My News Server speeds have slowed down during peak time over the past 4 days not as bad as most posters here, peak time usuualy averaging 15 - 20kB/s since 5pm today and yesterday Iv gotten a solid 30kkB/s
 
Count yourself very lucky. Check my other thread for the nights data usage. What a nightmare. Come end of November and this is still happening, I am out.
 
Yeah Im also crawling on 384k uncapped...max .05kBs ... this is really annoying.....think I need to change Isp....Phone mwebe Technical yesterday and the guy said everything i fine and that they got no complaints re the news server or any problem on their side...he reckons "someting must be using ur bandwith in the background, hence the slow speeds" Who is the best ISp to go with??
 
Anyone else unable to connect to the MWEB newsserver at all during the day? I'm only able to connect for a few hours in the early morning hours, then it just goes titsup for the rest of the day. I had this problem now for about a week with both Grabit & SABnzbd. This is really driving me insane now.
 
@SSung

My news connection does that at times. It cycles between no connection at all for a few minutes, then it will connect and run at generally low speed (5-10k on a 384 line). Every now and then it jumps up to full speed though. But mostly that seems to be followed by it disconnecting again.
 
what do you expect? its mweb, the worst ISP ever. You will always have issues, cancel your account and dont pay them anymore.
 
Seems decent this weekend on 384k got 2 gig yesterday. Real test is during peak hours though
 
Hi Stormer12

We are looking into this and hope to see an improvement soon.

Kind regards
MWEB Operations

im still having bad luck with speed on your news servers, getting 4kB/s

did not see any improvement over the weekend.. did not even hit 10kB/s

it seems i'm not the only one with the problem Mweb, so what you going to do?
 
Last week or so I haven't been able to get over 1kb/s :( Now thinking of jumping ship and trying my luck else where.
 
News seems to be running at full speed on 384 today. A lil bit of connection issues every now and then, but when it's on it runs fast with cached content.

Is this the same for other people?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X