mweb misleading uncapped

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Plenty of complaints on here about Mweb. Either move, or don't. Your choice, we won't lick your arse to do it, since it's your loss if you don't.

Stonemason

A funny thing that I have noticed on these forums is the herd mentalitity amongst users. If one guy does not like mweb or DSTV, 200 others who have never used their services will also suddenly not like them.

Those with no clue of the services offered by the affected companies will even go as far as authoritatively warning others to stay away.

What happened to independent thinking? Why are we like lemmings? If one guy slips and falls off the cliff everybody else also jumps off.

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
A funny thing that I have noticed on these forums is the herd mentalitity amongst users. If one guy does not like mweb or DSTV, 200 others who have never used their services will also suddenly not like them.

Those with no clue of the services offered by the affected companies will even go as far as authoritatively warning others to stay away.

What happened to independent thinking? Why are we like lemmings? If one guy slips and falls of the cliff everybody else also jumps off.

Are you using Mweb as a Service Provider?

mne_GK

So I took out a 40Mbps MWEB fibre package a few weeks ago, the speeds were good, then today I started getting throttled, I called to ask about it, and was told that MWEB uses what they call a 30 day rolling window to measure usage thresholds. Which means that they look at your average daily usage over the last 30 days to determine your status. Usage doesn't reset at the start of each new month. This 30 day rolling cycle doesn't make sense for me cause I download alot of games and updates on my xbox.

My usage over the past month:
Screenshot 2018-09-01 at 09.49.04.png

Mweb's Openserve FUP(http://www.mweb.co.za/help/Fibre/Vi...and-Performance-Uncapped-Usage-Threholds.aspx)

Screenshot 2018-09-01 at 09.49.26.png

So I called in and they explained to me how their throttling works, so I'm on the mweb's Openserve standard uncapped. they've got a 450GB threshold, they calculate 450GB divided by 30 days, so that would mean I would need to use 15GB per day to be within threshold, which doesn't make sense cause all days won't be the same, sometimes you'd download more and sometimes less. so what the agent said was that if you pass you're daily average they'll also start throttling you for that day, the reason why I wasn't getting throttled was cause I'm a new customer and there's a 14 day grace period for new customers where thresholds aren't applied.

I'm now looking for an ISP without this Bull$#*t, uncapped should mean uncapped, I'll pay whatever cancellation fees

ponder

Honorary Master
I'm now looking for an ISP without this Bull$#*t, uncapped should mean uncapped, I'll pay whatever cancellation fees

Even Telkom ISP has a much better FUP than mweb but people dont want to listen :rolleyes:

Don't waste your time, just sign up here https://www.cisp.co.za

They have no FUP, no shaping, no throttling, good service and you have direct access to one of the owners @PBCool right here on the forum as well.

LOTR

Run the hell away from M-Web Telkom

Just try RSAWeb, michael.nicoll@rsaweb.net. and CC me too on qjdapo@outlook.com. They have dedicated account managers, no call centres, just one person all the time ☻ He speaks sense and obviously knows more than I do about their FUP and Throttling. They claim to be unshaped too, and I believe them.

FUP? - run away. Go with a no FUP, No shaping, no throttling, no nonsense ISP. They've been mentioned in this thread.

Cpt Kirk

Led to this forum by my own lousy service and everything-else-said-about-Mweb above. Always arguing about throttled/capped/uncapped issues and crappy mobile offering. Think I'll give Cool Ideas a bash, thanks for the advice