My Trusty Weber just died!

Sheesh, I have had mine for nearly 10 years now and still going strong. Only had to replace the grills and the charcoal gril

Mine is upwards of 15 years, but never had to endure the misty wiles of the salty Namib air.
 
When I sober up in the morn, I shall take a more detailed pic or two of the old gal on her two legs...then we can deduce from when e her demise came!


And yes, I did indeed make the odd abnormal bonfire from within her womb!

Sigh! They were the most awesome of nights!

:love:
 
My copper geyser diy braai is going on 20 years now.

Keep your webers...
 
I just buy the R299 of whatever Checkers cheapies. Can buy 5 of them for the cost of one Weber... Current one still going strong after 4 years.

Yeah. I have one of those mine's about the same age I think. Maybe a year older. I have a spare still flat-packed in it's box in the garage.
 
So I stuck the black bellied wench behind my pondok, thinking I would have a look at her broken leg when the retail madness called work comes to and end....

Yesterday afternoon, being of sound mind and body, I removed the green dust cover from her head, at that instance an incredible crash could be heard throughout the neighbourhood, as her last two legs, buckled , bent and plummeted towards gravity's reach.....

As with most deaths, she spilled her insides on the dusty cement that she now lay apon....... charcoal holders and bottom grid adding to the cacophony of burnt heavy metal that reverberated up the wooden walls of the pondok........

Anyhoo......... As I stood their looking at this sorry metallic site, it dawned apon me that the actual bowl of the weber, with the grids and holders still be in good nick, which is pretty amazing seeing that I once signaled the ISS from my back garden one dark and clear night...

Now I know a local lad that is good with metal workings for he built me latest braai device.....

I have already sms'd him and will now commission him to build me a custom (holder) stand for the weber....with a side table added on and perhaps some handles and wheels......off course the obligatory bottle opener shall be attached to the side of the here stand......

Like the bright Phoenix she once was, she shall return, ascending to ever higher flames.....

:love: :D
 
Can't wait to see the result.

What will ye Christen her? Weber Mk. 2?
 
Good man Morty...

Give her a second life and Frankenstein her into something better.
 
So I stuck the black bellied wench behind my pondok, thinking I would have a look at her broken leg when the retail madness called work comes to and end....

Yesterday afternoon, being of sound mind and body, I removed the green dust cover from her head, at that instance an incredible crash could be heard throughout the neighbourhood, as her last two legs, buckled , bent and plummeted towards gravity's reach.....

As with most deaths, she spilled her insides on the dusty cement that she now lay apon....... charcoal holders and bottom grid adding to the cacophony of burnt heavy metal that reverberated up the wooden walls of the pondok........

Anyhoo......... As I stood their looking at this sorry metallic site, it dawned apon me that the actual bowl of the weber, with the grids and holders still be in good nick, which is pretty amazing seeing that I once signaled the ISS from my back garden one dark and clear night...

Now I know a local lad that is good with metal workings for he built me latest braai device.....

I have already sms'd him and will now commission him to build me a custom (holder) stand for the weber....with a side table added on and perhaps some handles and wheels......off course the obligatory bottle opener shall be attached to the side of the here stand......

Like the bright Phoenix she once was, she shall return, ascending to ever higher flames.....

:love: :D

Worthy of Pulitzer nomination ;-)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X