MyADSL Movie Thread

Seems that Edgars have pulled out of Nu Metro and gone in with Ster Kinekor. So now, all Nu Metro movies are R25 and Edgars card holders can buy two Ster Kinekor tickets a day at R10.50...

Interesting

Ya that sucks!! We got Discovery on SK and had Edgars with Nu metro, now we have to pay full price for Bollywood movies!:(
 
Hey, I enjoyed Fun with Dick and Jane...
...then again, I also thought Bourne Ultimatum was a great movie :)

There aren't many good movies out there at the moment. (Live Free or) Die Hard was ikay, but other than that, nothing inspires me to watch any of the carp they have on at the moment.

There is indeed a whole lot of rubbish out there right now. The last good movie I watched was 300...which was a while back.
 
Awesome new movie have been, Transformers and The Simpsons (Spider Pig). But yes there is alot of crap out there, I think Hollywood have run out of ideas thats why they have turned to books, games, comics and redoing old movies!
 
28 Weeks Later. Worst movie I have seen in a long time. And I have seen some bad ones. Avoid.

Nah, it was sequel, so I wasn't expecting all that much, but it is certainly not in the *worst in a long time* category. Kinda liked the end --- hmmm, is that french fried fingers I see before me? If you're into zombie movies then you could do worse.
 
Nah, it was sequel, so I wasn't expecting all that much, but it is certainly not in the *worst in a long time* category. Kinda liked the end --- hmmm, is that french fried fingers I see before me? If you're into zombie movies then you could do worse.

I am into zombie movies. I loved resident evil and dawn of the dead. This was garbage. :(
 
I am into zombie movies. I loved resident evil and dawn of the dead. This was garbage. :(

It is derivative --- in particular it owes quite a bit to the Resident Evil sequence --- and the edgy can't-quite-see-things-in-the-dark camera work is annoying. Still, there was enough eye-gouging, infected-saliva-dripping, and neck-biting to keep me interested.

Anything in particular that irritated you?
 
It is derivative --- in particular it owes quite a bit to the Resident Evil sequence --- and the edgy can't-quite-see-things-in-the-dark camera work is annoying. Still, there was enough eye-gouging, infected-saliva-dripping, and neck-biting to keep me interested.

Anything in particular that irritated you?

I could not see half of the movie. Seemed as if they gave the camera to one of the crazy zombies to do the filming at some points!

The plot is ridiculous, even for a zombie movie. And those kids were the most irritatiing...
 
I could not see half of the movie. Seemed as if they gave the camera to one of the crazy zombies to do the filming at some points!

The plot is ridiculous, even for a zombie movie. And those kids were the most irritatiing...

Will give you the camera work thing --- missed quite a few good neck rippings as a result; really can't concede the plot thing at all --- All zombie movies have absurd plots --- I've wasted many hours watching the whole dawn of the dead, city of the dead, babysitters of the dead.... franchise, none of them make sense (at least if you are sober). My advice: lower your standards, or drink more.
 
Will give you the camera work thing --- missed quite a few good neck rippings as a result; really can't concede the plot thing at all --- All zombie movies have absurd plots --- I've wasted many hours watching the whole dawn of the dead, city of the dead, babysitters of the dead.... franchise, none of them make sense (at least if you are sober). My advice: lower your standards, or drink more.

hehe. Fair enough :) Though I think if i had been drunk i would not have seen ANY of the movie :p
 
hehe. Fair enough :) Though I think if i had been drunk i would not have seen ANY of the movie :p

Ahh, so we agree: no such thing as a bad zombie movire, only movie patrons who are not drunk enough :p

Aren't we due for a another instalment in the `Resident Evil' sequence though?
 
BTW if you want to see what constitutes a truly *bad* zombie movie you need to see the classic `Omega Man' starring Chucky Heston (1970s?) playing (as usual) a plank of wood --- needs to be seen to be believed. A performance so bad that it will make you pine for those irritating kids in `28 weeks later'.
 
The Bourne Ultimatum - best one of the trilogy, and a decent ending to wrap up the series :)
 
The Bourne Ultimatum - best one of the trilogy, and a decent ending to wrap up the series :)

I thought there was another book in the series, The Bourne Legacy even though it was not written by Robert Ludlum like the first three books.
Oh well a good movie indeed, infact the whole bloody series is fantastic.

PS: I haven't read The Bourne Legacy.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X