MyADSL Movie Thread

Old Boy is amazing stuff - saw it a year or so back, do yourself a favor and watch the directors (chan Wook Park) other cool film 'Joint Security Area'
http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/drama/jsa/jsa.html
(its not like Old Boy tho) - an earlier one 'Sympathy for Mr Vengeance' isn't as slick and polished..

Korean cinema rocks... if you liked Old Boy, watch some Kim Kidduk flix, for instance 'Bad Guy' http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/drama/badguy/badguy.html
and 'Samaria' (aka Samaritan Girl)http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/drama/samaritangirl/samaritangirl.html are scarily good titles..
other titles to keep an eye out for, off the top of my head:
'A Tale of Two Sisters' 'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' 'Attack the Gas Station' '..Ing' 'Save the Green Planet' 'My Sassy Girl' 'A Bittersweet Life'

If you're taking the leap away from most crappy US/EU predictable movies - browse the review and genres at
http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/reviews.html to get a useful glimpse of the sometimes awesome, sometimes crap titles
that're coming out of asia
 
Last edited:
well, movies are a passion of mine, I also write film scripts (and am starting to send them out to the industry here in the US) -
To get a taste of the writers side of the film biz, here's a part of a site that stores scripts for writers,
for folks in the film industry to browse through and find good writers/scripts..
(I'm one of the many many writers on it), page links to the section listing the
various jobs that have come to people via the site.. http://www.inktip.com/success_new.php
 
Its not exactly one of those deep, "change your life" movies but its a good, entertaining movie, wouldn't mind watching it again actually.

The Departed is overhyped, I expected much from the critics review, what I watched was just an average gangster movie. Goodfellas is Scorsese best gangsta flick.
 
I just watched the prestige- wow! I thought it was really great! No wonder there has been so much hype
 
re Letters from Iwo Jima - havent seen it yet - been waiting for someone to come up with English subtitles online :P

Excellent movie - best Eastwood film yet :)

Good to see movies depicting the 'other side' of WWII - Der Untergang and Letters from Iwo Jima.
 
Is it just me or are most of the new movies released these days just a load of crap with great CGI?
 
Is it just me or are most of the new movies released these days just a load of crap with great CGI?

There are some good ones out there if u look around...The Prestige was great, Blood Diamond, Last King Of Scotland, The Departed...all great :D
 
Personally I didnt like the departed a lot, but that's just me
Technically it was good. FX was great on those headshots. Looked almost real but it left me with the "Uhm, ok" feeling I get from average movies
Not something i'd like to watch again like apocalypto or even Blood diamond
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X