MyGica 495MAX - Netflix working

so while searching to get Netflix working, I came across this patch that seems to get it working 100% without issues, it actually runs better than the normal one and is stable!

I can't find the active link again but have uploaded the fix to jumpshare for you to grab.

https://jmp.sh/C2HW9Pv

just load it onto a flash drive and run the update tool on the player, then it'll restart and BAM, Netflix :D

fair comment - lol - I created the account because I found something I couldn't find anywhere else (kinda thought that was the point of this place) - but we'll see how many people pick up issues with this, I'll gladly remove the post if it is dodgy.

Feel free to download and scan... hmmm, I'd do a scan and post the results but it is pretty pointless in me doing that right?

Scanned with kaspersky, virus free.

Ive tested a few older versions of the app on my 495MAX, but most of them require a mouse to access some menu's, IF it doesn't tell you its not compatible.
This works perfectly on my 495Max!

thanks!

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
So a one post wonder says he found this magical fix and another one post wonder says it's totally legit and working, I see no red flags here.

The second one being "Syntech technical support, in house support, Assembly.", aren't Syntech the people that sell MyGiga locally?

Last edited:
So a one post wonder says he found this magical fix and another one post wonder says it's totally legit and working, I see no red flags here.

The second one being "Syntech technical support, in house support, Assembly." aren't Syntech the people that sell MyGiga locally?
Seems like admins are more like trolls than admins... I'm sorry, did I incorrectly assume that this is where people go to post fixes and the likes in the event they get them? I may have never posted, but I've been using this site for years when doing my own searches - and yes, wow, I actually found something I considered worth sharing and my first interaction with 2 senior members here is that they'll just troll and insult you... bad form mybroadband - really really bad form...

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Seems like admins are more like trolls than admins... I'm sorry, did I incorrectly assume that this is where people go to post fixes and the likes in the event they get them? I may have never posted, but I've been using this site for years when doing my own searches - and yes, wow, I actually found something I considered worth sharing and my first interaction with 2 senior members here is that they'll just troll and insult you... bad form mybroadband - really really bad form...
People aren't going to just flash stuff on their media players because you say it totally works, around here we like stuff like evidence and proof.

So what's the details about the update?
it adds netflix to it making it work on the device where it didn't before. I've tried other versions from netflix archives and I could never get it working, at least not well enough to use. So after the billionth search yesterday I found a .img fix online - I've been using my 495 for some time and this has been really annoying to me, so I thought I'd do the right thing in sharing it - it even took me a day to figure out how to get the link to be shareable because of the file size (no, I'm not the best person in the world at this stuff), got really excited about sharing it, but judging by the responses of seniors here, that was a stupid move from my part - oh well, you live and you learn.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
it adds netflix to it making it work on the device where it didn't before. I've tried other versions from netflix archives and I could never get it working, at least not well enough to use. So after the billionth search yesterday I found a .img fix online - I've been using my 495 for some time and this has been really annoying to me, so I thought I'd do the right thing in sharing it - it even took me a day to figure out how to get the link to be shareable because of the file size (no, I'm not the best person in the world at this stuff), got really excited about sharing it, but judging by the responses of seniors here, that was a stupid move from my part - oh well, you live and you learn.
You could've shared the source where you got it from then people can go there and check out what it says.

People aren't going to just flash stuff on their media players because you say it totally works, around here we like stuff like evidence and proof.
and you let people know that by insulting them - pro move man, pro move.

Anyways, try it or not, I'm not bothered - I never had someone handing over an affidavit when I found it, I just tried my luck and it came right - boom - end of story, but I'm glad to see how supportive you all are :) big up to you guys!

The second one being "Syntech technical support, in house support, Assembly.", aren't Syntech the people that sell MyGiga locally?
Yes im From Syntech, Yes we distribute MyGica locally.

However, the above patch was tested in our technical departments after a client referred us to the post.

This is the official work around for Netflix on the 495Max.
As its a work around, its not designed for the TV OS layout, and some functions / features only work with a Air-mouse or USB mouse.

The above patch is definitely not an official Mygica work around, however does seem to be the most stable and definitely a better version of Netflix than the APK file at the moment.

joshuatree

The MyGica 495Max is not competitively priced when looking at the obvious choice Xiaomi Mi Box - Incredible Connection sells the Mi Box currently for R1099 and the MyGica 495Max for R1599 ( Makro R1899 )

Overall the MyGica range is overpriced.

We need Android boxes on shelves for between R500 - R1000.

Hopefully the Skyworth Binge TV Android OS box for R899 at Takealot reaches Game/Makro/Incredible Connection at an even better price point .

Fibre is expanding...

Last edited:
i realize that advanced users will likely be able to install this patch without the obvious instructions, as by this time we've probably done this 100+ times.

but heres the instructions for those not-so-advanced users, this has been tested, and re-tested, and works every time.

Instructions to install:

You will need:
Windows PC/notebook
Flash drive formatted In NTFS
Internet connection

Steps:

Go to the google play store, Log in & download the Netflix applications.
Once downloaded, do not open the application.

Download the above patch on you computer, and copy the .IMG file onto the flash drive.
Insert the flash drive into your Mygica 495Max.
Turn on your Mygica 495Max media player
On your home screen, select the application: update & backup
select the option: “Select” on the right of the screen
browse to the flash drive, and select the correct .IMG file, and push OK
Select the option: “update”, and confirm.
The media player should now restart and the patch will install
PLEASE NOTE, make sure “wipe data” and “wipe media” check boxes are not ticked / selected!

Once the media player has restarted, open the Netflix application and log in with your account details.

As an added FYI, the .IMg file was scanned by a few AV's, and is completely virus and malware free.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
So you think people in here are stupid and not able to figure things out themselves? A month has passed and we all see the OP was only trying to help out. Assumption is the mother of all f-ups! #IntelligenceFail