Nashua Mobile Billing Related Errors

ShadowRider

Hi guys.

I changed my Family Top-up 135 to a Weekender Everyday about 8 months ago, since then each month I have had consistent billing errors and lock errors.

I pay R135 and I have a R120 call Limit and average R97 worth of calls a month.

During February I was locked on the 7th of that month and had only used R7.
During March again I was locked on the 16th of that month and had only used R50.
During May I was again locked on the 13th of that month and had used only R30.
On all occasions I have been unlocked between 5-14 days later.

At the end of April I was billed R354.56 and had received NO lock notification. Thus even if I did use 354.56 - R135 = 219.56 in call charges WHY WAS I NOT LOCKED AT R120.

Towards the end of may I then received an 80% limit warning, I stopped using the phone from the date I received that notification, however, on the 29th of May I was 100% locked. Where did R24 usage come from?:wtf:

And to top it of I was locked at the end of May and expected (As stated to me when I put the lock on) that I would be unlocked on the 1st of this month. Well its the 1st and I am still locked. Which has not happened even on other months where at the end of the previous month I was locked. On phoning Nashua Mobile I was told I would be unlocked on the 15th of June, WHAT? locked for half a month due to reaching a limit from the previous month!:wtf::confused::erm:

I have also tried using the Nashua Mobile SMS service (send MB to 32940) but the message is really confusing as it seems very inaccurate and the service often responds with a failure. and I pay R1 for each SMS.:sick:

Vodacom benefit services don't work on a Nashua Weekender, and Vodacom can't assist at all. And Nashua can't help me over the phone as they can't see any problems.:wtf:

PLEASE HELP.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Vodacom benefit services don't work on a Nashua Weekender, and Vodacom can't assist at all. And Nashua can't help me over the phone as they can't see any problems.:wtf:

This just summarises why people should avoid 3rd party SPs. You and a lot of other forumites have felt this pain. Maybe VodacomData can help you, but my suggestion is to wait for your contract to end, cancel it and go VSP.

The other thing I do recall with Weekenders and spend lock is that they do not work well together. If you make lots of calls outside the 'free' time frames you will cause your account to be locked even if you have weekend minutes left over. The two products were not really designed to work together. If you still have long time to go on this contract best would be to migrate it back to a top-up if you want to manage spend and avoid the lock pain.

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Hi guys.

I changed my Family Top-up 135 to a Weekender Everyday about 8 months ago, since then each month I have had consistent billing errors and lock errors.

I pay R135 and I have a R120 call Limit and average R97 worth of calls a month.

During February I was locked on the 7th of that month and had only used R7.
During March again I was locked on the 16th of that month and had only used R50.
During May I was again locked on the 13th of that month and had used only R30.
On all occasions I have been unlocked between 5-14 days later.

At the end of April I was billed R354.56 and had received NO lock notification. Thus even if I did use 354.56 - R135 = 219.56 in call charges WHY WAS I NOT LOCKED AT R120.

Towards the end of may I then received an 80% limit warning, I stopped using the phone from the date I received that notification, however, on the 29th of May I was 100% locked. Where did R24 usage come from?:wtf:

And to top it of I was locked at the end of May and expected (As stated to me when I put the lock on) that I would be unlocked on the 1st of this month. Well its the 1st and I am still locked. Which has not happened even on other months where at the end of the previous month I was locked. On phoning Nashua Mobile I was told I would be unlocked on the 15th of June, WHAT? locked for half a month due to reaching a limit from the previous month!:wtf::confused::erm:

I have also tried using the Nashua Mobile SMS service (send MB to 32940) but the message is really confusing as it seems very inaccurate and the service often responds with a failure. and I pay R1 for each SMS.:sick:

PLEASE HELP.

Hectic limit locking problems.......

Best i can do is get your number and get a Nashua Representative (competent) to give you a call. Not much i can do as i cannot get access to your account info.

ShadowRider

Hi, again.

So after repeatedly phoning Nashua mobile over the past few weeks and getting nowhere I am going to their head offices tomorrow to try sort this mess out.

Preferably I would like to cancel the contract on the bases':
1.) Of bad services.
2.) Repeated over billing.
3.) Breach of the call limit agreement signed by the account holder.
4.) Repeated incorrect locking of contract.
5.) Suspending the service for ABSOLUTELY no apparent reasons.

Has anybody successfully canceled a contract on similar bases with no penalties?
And if I can't cancel without a huge penalty, should I migrate the contract back to a Family Top Up?

PS: I have found a huge amount of policies stating what the client can't do, but where is a policy/disclaimer of the requirements of the service provider?
PS: I have PM'd VodacomData my details.

THANKS!

Last edited:

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Hi, again.

So after repeatedly phoning Nashua mobile over the past few weeks and getting nowhere I am going to their head offices tomorrow to try sort this mess out.

Preferably I would like to cancel the contract on the bases':
1.) Of bad services.
2.) Repeated over billing.
3.) Breach of the call limit agreement signed by the account holder.
4.) Repeated incorrect locking of contract.
5.) Suspending the service for ABSOLUTELY no apparent reasons.

Has anybody successfully canceled a contract on similar bases with no penalties?
And if I can't cancel without a huge penalty, should I migrate the contract back to a Family Top Up?

PS: I have found a huge amount of policies stating what the client can't do, but where is a policy/disclaimer of the requirements of the service provider?
PS: I have PM'd VodacomData my details.

THANKS!

Hi

Seems like they are ignoring me as well. i called them and emailed them as well as aksed to be cc'd on all communication to you , but received nothing yet.

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Sent another email to the Supi at Nashua , lets hope they respond

ShadowRider

Now what :(

Ok well I finally got a call from Nashua, obviously not because they received VodacomData request. (called before VodacomData sent request)

Well it appears there is a delay between Nashua receiving airtime costs from Vodacom, thus you can go over your limit. However they stated that R100 is ludicrous.:erm:
It also appears that their billing system had me for the 15th of every month, explains the Locked until the 15th. Oddly enough I the debit order came through on the 1st of every month.:confused:

And if any Nashua mobile operator says they only offer Hard-Locking (receive 2 SMS warning and then locked) they still offer the Soft-Locking option (only receive 2 SMS warnings).

So all in all a long phone call but at least things are looking better, unlocked, etc. About 10 minutes later got over 16 SMS about the changes plus believe it or not:

From Nashua Mobile (pty) Ltd. at 07/06/2010 14:52
082******* - R127.13 (100%) of R125.00 call limit reached.

Well seeing as though my phone has been locked all this month HOW can this be possible. So phoned Nashua and checked (they stated they THINK its an error):wtf::confused::erm:

Last edited:

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Ok well I finally got a call from Nashua, obviously not because they received VodacomData request.

I dont understand the comment?