Nashua Mobile - Ripoff with iPhone

Glock26

Expert Member
After being told that Nashua won't be getting iPhones, suddenly today they let their customers know that they do have some in stock.

All ready to sign my upgrade, I asked them to email me the contracts.
Yeah....they can keep their iPhones.

Anytime 200 IPHONE 4 16GB 407.70 per month, includes simsure and CLI
Anytime 200 IPHONE 4 32GB 461.70 per month, includes simsure and CLI
Anytime 350 IPHONE 4 16GB 497.70 per month, includes simsure and CLI
Anytime 350 IPHONE 4 32GB 552.70 per month, includes simsure and CLI

..and upwards.

The kicker? These all include NO data. On a phone that requires data more than any other smartphone out there, Nashua Mobile sees fit to make you pay an extra couple of hundred rands per month for any data at all.

So on MTNSP you get (R379 per month) 150 megs or (R429 per month) 300 megs.

Not only are Nashua's contracts more than 10% higher, but they are screwing you out of data.
On enquiry I was basically told "that is the way it is, take it or leave it"

Thanks..I'm leaving it.

G26

Budza

Executive Member
How long have you been bending over for NM?

Just can't understand people that sign up there. :wtf:

veethree

You're right, those prices aren't competitive with MTNSP at all.

Having said that, the prices are pretty much what I thought we'd be paying MTNSP before they announced their actual packages. They must be doing some hectic subsidizing of the phone if they are giving essentially the same on-contract price as a Galaxy S, which retails for about R2,000 less when paying cash. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I managed to pick up a good deal with MTNSP early on.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
I'm sure you can get a better deal directly with Vodacom. They had it for R250 a month. Get that then put a Cell C sim in :D

Keeper

Honorary Master
What the Hell does Nashua Mobile exactly DO? because to me it just looks like they are playing middle man?

Solid Answer

Agreed! MTN is offering competitive deals directly as they need to catch up with Vodacom that launched 2 years ago. Just make sure you take out an iPhone tariff which include SMSs and Data.

F

Fudzy

What the Hell does Nashua Mobile exactly DO? because to me it just looks like they are playing middle man?

Very little other than you have to send them a scanned fax asking for service x rather than just being able to access it via a USSD code. The only reason I'm with them is because I got impatient waiting for the HTC Desire and they were the only people in Durban with stock, buyers remorse deluxe.

Bluray

NM just another company screwing us SA citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk