Need advice with Domestic worker contract

arb

Hi

Good day

I need advise if our Nanny will need a contract

Below are details

- Domestic worker helps my mother in law to clean her house Wednesdays and Fridays.
My mother in law pays her for these 2 days.She pays her R 250 per day
Working hours from 8:00 to 3:00 pm

- Monday,Tuesday and Thursday same lady looks after our baby at my mother in laws house.
I pay her for these 3 days.We pay her R 260 per day.

QUESTION:

1. I would like to know if we will need a contract for our domestic worker.
Considering that she working for 2 different people (employeers) but same location.
3 days she works for me and I pay her and 2 days she works for my mother in law and she pays her.

2. If we dont need a contract , how can we make sure formally thats its not needed and we covered.

Regard,
AR

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Hi

Good day

I need advise if our Nanny will need a contract

Below are details

- Domestic worker helps my mother in law to clean her house Wednesdays and Fridays.
My mother in law pays her for these 2 days.She pays her R 250 per day

- Monday,Tuesday and Thursday same lady looks after our baby at my mother in laws house.
I pay her for these 3 days.We pay her R 260 per day.

QUESTION:

1. I would like to know if we will need a contract for our domestic worker.
Considering that she working for 2 different people (employeers) but same location.
3 days she works for me and I pay her and 2 days she works for my mother in law and she pays her.

2. If we dont need a contract , how can we make sure formally thats its not needed and we covered.

Regard,
AR
Sample of Dom Worker Agreement

Maybe use this as a start.
EDIT

Always better to have a contract just in case things go a bit sideways and you end up being dragged to the CCMA. Make sure to have the worker registered for UIF as well.