Need some advice on Screamer Wimax.. Plz!

profpanda

I live in a small newly build complex in Pta.(No Telkom lines installed)

Would it be possible to install a 1024 Wimax connection and then split it between +/-10 ppl with Wi-Fi?
This would be better than to ask Telkom!

:D:D:D

alt146

I live in a small newly build complex in Pta.(No Telkom lines installed)

Would it be possible to install a 1024 Wimax connection and then split it between +/-10 ppl with Wi-Fi?
This would be better than to ask Telkom!

:D:D:D

1024 between 10 people will be achingly slow, even when the line is stable and running at full speed.

profpanda

Ok so what other options do I have?
Thought of waiting for Telkom to upgrade the line speed to 10mb and then share that?

alt146

Ok so what other options do I have?
Thought of waiting for Telkom to upgrade the line speed to 10mb and then share that?

Don't really know much about wireless unfortunately. 10mb (or even 8) between 10 people will be much faster - I shared a 4mb connection with three other people and it was workable unless everyone was using something bandwidth intensive. Maybe you can bond a couple of 1024 connects together? I'm not sure about the cost or even if that's possible though.

fernandopires

ive been waiting to get my public ip working since about 1 December 2009 and still not working. And getting hold of them is a mission. When things go wrong there rep howzit just vanishes. The internet quality is bad. Lastweek i was on the phone with one of there support people next thing the phone goes down and they do no effort to call you back. Cant screamer become more professional like vodacom business or telkom. Plus why do they route us through a transparent cache ?? because of that i can benefit from the nice features of open dns. why why why i dont know who there main tech guy is but i think he doesnt really know what he is doing. dont go via screamer else ull be screaming