Neotel peering saturation issues raised

Thor

Honorary Master
I'd like to see graphs like that for Afrihost, Vox after the latest revolutionary deals etc

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
From personal experience, if I was running a voice business over a link with that graph, I would be very concerned

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
“To the best of our knowledge, the increase of traffic did not congest the interfaces, nor did it result in customer complaints,” said Neotel.
Neotel is lying. We've been reporting issues since last week Tuesday. Helpdesk keeps blaming customer equipment and line saturation at the client side, yet when you show them the graphs of a very underutilized line, they have no answers.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
Neotel is lying. We've been reporting issues since last week Tuesday. Helpdesk keeps blaming customer equipment and line saturation at the client side, yet when you show them the graphs of a very underutilized line, they have no answers.
+1 we have also been complaining and today performance is really bad again.

bladebob

The traffic is all the users on Afrihost that is using Neotel POC (Afrigreen) :)

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
I think the same thing is happening with VOX. Latency to services in the vox datacentre is very high during working hours.

SilverCode

+1 we have also been complaining and today performance is really bad again.
+2

We have been complaining since last week as well, both directly and through our VoIP provider. Neotel keep coming back about an hour later asking "is it any better now?". We have had to switch over to failover ADSL line to get decent voice quality. Don't know how they can have the audacity to say they haven't been receiving any customer complaints.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
By the same token we could also ask how Afrihost has the audacity to ask for pointless tracerts all the time