Neotel users suffering with slow data speeds, network downtime

TrueCartman

After both of their 2 customers called they where like...whoha...Here's an issue :D

SweetFennyAdams

Expert Member
Neotel's response to its CDMA users has been nothing short of disgraceful.
Their CDMA (wireless) network failed on Thursday the 28th of July.
Since then it has been practically impossible to load web pages or even do a speed test.
It is alleged that they have over 350 000 CDMA users who are all affected.

On Saturday the 30th Neotel eventually acknowledged their network failure on their automated voice messaging system on their support line.

They have not acknowledge the issue on their website to date.
They did eventually announce that they had identified the problem on their facebook page on Tuesday the 2nd.
Yesterday they announced again that they were attending to the issue.

Repeat phone calls by myself to their technical support line every day since the trouble began have been dropped.
The one and only time they answered the phone, a support agent gave me the stock response "we are aware of the issue and will be resolving it soon". This was on Monday the 1st.

Today is Friday the 5th, eight days since the problem began and the CDMA (wireless) system is still down or painfully slow.

It is alleged that Neotel has flown in system engineers from Tata Communications in India to try find the fault and to fix it, as their local technical team are apparently incompetent at bug fixing these issues.

It is also noted that on their website, and at their walk-in shops, modems, phones and wireless devices have been out of stock for weeks, leading one to believe that the company may be having major cash flow issues.

Neotel's lack of an official explanation or apology in this regard is sickening.

EX-NEOTEL CUSTOMER

Last edited:

cozinsky

Expert Member
With cheap adsl, ftth and Lte prices, it's hard to believe that certain people still put up with Neotel.

SweetFennyAdams

Expert Member
Today is day 10 of the Neotel CDMA outage.
Today the connection is totally DEAD!!!!

Customer service has informed me that their technicians dont work on weekends and cant be reached until Monday.
What kind of BS business allows leave to people who are responsible to fix a national outage affecting 350 000 customers?

This company needs to have its license withdrawn.
They are in breach of the ICASA legislation.

SweetFennyAdams

Expert Member
Today is day 10 of the Neotel CDMA outage.
Today the connection is totally DEAD!!!!

Customer service has informed me that their technicians dont work on weekends and cant be reached until Monday.
What kind of BS business allows leave to people who are responsible to fix a national outage affecting 350 000 customers?

This company needs to have its license withdrawn.
They are in breach of the ICASA legislation.

kianm

Honorary Master
:sick:

still? Thankfully i never signed up with them despite numerous offers we got