neotel voice closing down

Kungfubobby

Hello

Now that the voice division is closing down,I have 10 neotel prepaid phones which i use in my office.The models are Huawei f202-45.I would like to remove the sim cards from the phones and insert another service providers sim card.However it seems that the phones are locked to neotel. Is there anyway for me to unlock these phones.I have tried to contact the neotel number but they do not answer.Thanks

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Please share info on cheap voip services have the now historic Neotel. Kept it mostly for cheaper Telkom calls in/out going home/work.
You can get a VoIP line for R59 / month that includes 100 any network minutes. You can run that on a mobile VoIP app or on dedicated VoIP hardware.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Can you explain how and how much Vox is costing you?
It's part of the whole bundle. We ported 3 Telkom Numbers as well.

Costing us R897.48 a month for 12 extensions and 4 lines.

(It's for a business)

lived666

Executive Member
It's part of the whole bundle. We ported 3 Telkom Numbers as well.

Costing us R897.48 a month for 12 extensions and 4 lines.

(It's for a business)
But how do you port a number to Vox, what is the procedure - is it as simple as just calling up Vox and is it viable for a home number, not a business? What service must I ask from Vox?

Sigh decided to call them, 30 minute waiting time so had to put the phone down :(

Last edited:

lived666

Executive Member
So after approximately waiting for 45 minutes on their online chat, this is the info the sent me:

Number porting is R160.00 once off

Uncapped Vobi app R350.00pm set up cost R53.00 once off we do not have phones its just an app you need to download it to your cell phone

so how the frik does it work? does the app work separately/independently to the cell phone number?

lived666

Executive Member
Ok they explained it to me, meh, rather just get a cell phone, R350 for an app, nah.

bubs4390

If there are any companies looking to migrate from either Neotel, Telkom, or any other service provider give me a shout and I would be more than happy to come through and give you a cost comparison. Our company specializes in Business solutions, not only just migrating you away from the other services over to corporate grade solutions, but reducing your monthly costs at the same time. Cell number is 071 885 7406

TaniaBarker

Please visit www.euphoria.co.za for a comprehensive cost effective Cloud PBX Solution.

Features Include

PBX Manager
IVR Menus
Hunt Lists
Queues
Analytics
Real Time Monitoring
Call Recordings
Cell Phone App
Softphone for PC
Extension Management including budgeting
Conference Rooms
API
International Call Barring
White and Blacklists

from R65 per extension per month

1559816655128.png

cemt

Hello. I am looking for an 011 number for portable. I used to have Neotel... but stopped working. Kindly refer me to the right guys. tx