Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
South Africa's energy regulator gets new CEO

The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa) has announced energy minister Gwede Mantashe has appointed Nomalanga Petronella Sithole as Nersa’s new chief executive officer and full-time regulator member for five years, effective from 25 August 2021.

Quintrix

Have not read the article and have no idea who this person is but sad state of affairs in SA resulted in the first question coming to mind "How high is the table?"

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
This seems like someone who has the relevant experience to do the job hopefully...

There also doesn't seem to be anything that jumps out about her from her past either

TheChamp

Honorary Master
This seems like someone who has the relevant experience to do the job hopefully...

There also doesn't seem to be anything that jumps out about her from her past either
It has always been about political interference though, or was there someone previously who fell short of what was required to do the job?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
It has always been about political interference though, or was there someone previously who fell short of what was required to do the job?

Well I don't pay significant attention to NERSA per se, but it does look as if the previous CEO was possibly pushed out under dodgy circumstances, but nothing seems to be public about it.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Watch as 16% increases become 25%. She will then be credited for reducing Eskom's debt by the same people being fscked...