Netstar Sleuth vs Tracker Retrieve

tweety2007

-which one would you go for?
-the premium is R70 for either of them.

I'm considering going for the Tracker option.

biena

Executive Member
both useless, by the time you realize your vehicle is stolen the gps unit would already have being ripped out.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
-which one would you go for?
-the premium is R70 for either of them.

I'm considering going for the Tracker option.
furk i just signed up for i at r99 about 2months ago

Roadrunner

Expert Member
Just installed Netstar Cyber Sleuth Supreme last month.

Web interface is old and very slow.

T-Man

Just installed Netstar Cyber Sleuth Supreme last month.

Web interface is old and very slow.
+1 on that one - the site suggest you use IE7 ?!?!?!?

On Friday it 'lost' a portion of my trip. I still have to figure out what went wrong there. It's a new installation so anything is possible.

tweety2007

both useless, by the time you realize your vehicle is stolen the gps unit would already have being ripped out.
If my vehicle gets stolen, I would prefer to not have it back.
Just looking at these options as it is a pre-requisite for insurance.

etwylite

Go with tracker ...I have it on the Missus car with outsurance only cos it was a prerequisite. It self powered so they dont cut into any harness like the netstar unit. Had endless hassles with electronics on a netstar unit previously fitted to a co. vehicle as a result of them cutting into the harness.

Type RSA

Expert Member
I would agree that you should go with the Tracker. You have the backup of the SAPS, so your car will never be found once it was stolen... :) Ok ok, it might be recovered depending on what car you drive

ViperGTI

Neither. In certain cars, they are not even allowed due to the way they plug into the wiring system. I know of a VW Scirocco with over R20k damage due to wiring issues after a Netstar / Tracker was installed.

My insurance required me to install a tracking device but VW said the warrantee will not cover any issues that may arise from wiring if I install Tracker or Netstar. At the end, for my own car, I went for Tracetec which is a small card (no wires) which they basically stick in the car somewhere. It is easier to hide (since there is no wires) and it is so small you can even hide it on a motorcycle or in a computer. I think I pay R80 per month.

P.S. I see etwylite mentions above that his Tracker is self-powered as well... so they've probably changed since the last time I checked.