network monitoring software

jeremyd

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
OK, I've searched the forums and cannot find the software I'm looking for. I am going through bandwidth at a rate of knots and a simple network up down monitor isn't helping at all. Is there software that can tell me where my bandwidth is going to ie what sites are accessing my bandwidth because we're uploading nearly more tha we're downloading. Before you all jump up shouting me, me, me ask me....My antivirus software has a a spyware filter built in (nod32) and it's not picking anything up.

Help.

(forrget internetlessness how about bandwithlessness)
 
Assume I have no idea how to access or use these logs or that I even have a firewall installed.
 
Why, we were doing just fine until you came up with this outsourcing stuff. So I presume then that you don't know a program that does all this monitoring stuff... other than the firewall log:)
 
touche, I am mortally wounded by the last comment. Ok, so someone is stabbing me repeatedly. 1. check the firewall is up, now all I want to know is who the hell is stabbing me?! Is there such software out there that tells me which sites are sucking up my software?:o
 
If you install Sunbelt / Kerio firewall, it has page that shows you which of your running applications has an internet connection open, what the current up and download speed are for each app and which IP addreeses the app is connected to.

It's saved me many a time, and even though I have a firewall router I still keep Kerio installed just for this reason.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X