Network traffic tracking

donnybrasco

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of anyone good free or open source tools i could use to monitor traffic out and into my PC. I would like something that shows you the source of traffic out and bandwidth usages,stats and the like??? Please assist

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of anyone good free or open source tools i could use to monitor traffic out and into my PC. I would like something that shows you the source of traffic out and bandwidth usages,stats and the like??? Please assist

Try Netlimiter, shows all the info u mention

ITCynic

Expert Member
Networkx is also a easy to use app. Also a portable version available.

donnybrasco

I have tried using NetLimiter and it seems to crash after about 2 minutes on my PC but this is a really good utility. I used NetWorx but it does not show the things I want to display such as which programs arer utilising bandwidth. I have not tried Wireshark, but will give it a try, thanks a lot

JamesGeek

I've used Netlimiter and kerio, free and reliable network traffic tracking software for pc.

Netlimiter works great and BandwidthMeter Pro is a good assistant.. which can warn you
When I see sudden traffic.. I always quickly switch to Netlimiter.. and bam.. I can see who/what is using Bandwidth

I suggest you see whats causing the conflict and fix it.. Netlimiter works great