New 12-core AMD Ryzen processor leaked

Swa

Honorary Master
A 12 core processor doesn't make much sense if you don't have the memory to feed it. AMD's issue is that they're trying to bring performance to the non performance market. They should either have quad channel memory for all platforms or keep the high core lineup for their X399 to reduce the cost of these platforms.

Genisys

Executive Member
The performance boost over Intel chips is shown in the leaked result, with the new 12-core Ryzen beating the Intel Core i9-9900K in multi-threaded benchmarks.
So a 12 core/24 thread CPU beats an 8 core/16 thread CPU? Intel better watch out, their competitor just destroyed them

Swa

Honorary Master
Why?

What does Intel do that AMD doesn't?
It's the age old perception that AMD is inferior to Intel. Forgetting that AMD on average has always beaten Intel on price for the same performance. And there was a time Intel couldn't beat AMD on their very own platforms.

DTBA

Expert Member
Its called brand loyalty, I'm not jumping ship because a few AMD fan boys are making the argument that AMD has a better product.
I myself still have a intel cpu. But they are not winning me over anymore.

They have crazy prices and are ****ing with expensive chips for now reason.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It's the age old perception that AMD is inferior to Intel. Forgetting that AMD on average has always beaten Intel on price for the same performance. And there was a time Intel couldn't beat AMD on their very own platforms.
As much as I like AMD, AMD is rather recently way overhyped. Yes, Ryzen (ZEN) is special and everyone in the tech industry agrees with that, it is only in certain applications where people will choose between the CPUs in regard to single thread vs multi-threaded computing.

However, to state that AMD has always on average delivered beaten Intel is plainly wrong.

AMD had it tight in Kryptonite up to Duron days and Sempron had its moments, but to clock you way into beating Intel downright in a straight line you had to shop around. Bulldozer didn’t quite get up there as many believe it did, going head to head, and only then the Zen Core Architecture came around.

We know that Intel isn’t chasing AMD down until 2020/21. From a B2B perspective, Intel pretty much has a grasp on volumes so they are willing to kick it out until they have a new architecture in production.

You are welcome to show me where AMD always beat Intel in 2011-2017 and where K10 came out competitively?

Crowley

Executive Member
Its called brand loyalty, I'm not jumping ship because a few AMD fan boys are making the argument that AMD has a better product.
So no real reason then? I thought they had some advantage over AMD that I didn't know about.

If you want the fastest processor you get a Intel 9900K CPU because at the moment that is the fastest processor. Anything below that you go for the best price vs performance. Brand loyalty when both products do exactly the same thing is stupid.

Swa

Honorary Master
From the Intel fan boy.

As much as I like AMD, AMD is rather recently way overhyped. Yes, Ryzen (ZEN) is special and everyone in the tech industry agrees with that, it is only in certain applications where people will choose between the CPUs in regard to single thread vs multi-threaded computing.

However, to state that AMD has always on average delivered beaten Intel is plainly wrong.

AMD had it tight in Kryptonite up to Duron days and Sempron had its moments, but to clock you way into beating Intel downright in a straight line you had to shop around. Bulldozer didn’t quite get up there as many believe it did, going head to head, and only then the Zen Core Architecture came around.

We know that Intel isn’t chasing AMD down until 2020/21. From a B2B perspective, Intel pretty much has a grasp on volumes so they are willing to kick it out until they have a new architecture in production.

You are welcome to show me where AMD always beat Intel in 2011-2017 and where K10 came out competitively?
People forget that you don't only buy a CPU but a complete system as well. Intel hasn't fared well in that regard and at one time even released a new board for every new processor such that at any time they have 10 supported platforms. Platform confusion doesn't help very much when it comes to consumer prices. Even in Bulldozer days people made the claim but couldn't exactly come up with an Intel system that would beat an AMD system for the same price.