New Apple Mac Mini - South African pricing

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Sounds pricey but I would point out to anyone considering this that I personally have a 2010 Mac Mini up 24/7 as a HTPC in daily use. I have added some RAM and swapped in an SSD. I expect to use it as it is now for another 5 years.

I was going to replace just for a smidge more speed when multitasking but now I'm keen to know when it actually becomes untenable.

The value of these computers frankly cannot be overstated.

Priapus

Executive Member
Oh, that's decent pricing. The Intel variants were 20k+

I'll almost definitely be grabbing this.

krycor

Honorary Master
Sounds pricey but I would point out to anyone considering this that I personally have a 2010 Mac Mini up 24/7 as a HTPC in daily use. I have added some RAM and swapped in an SSD. I expect to use it as it is now for another 5 years.

I was going to replace just for a smidge more speed when multitasking but now I'm keen to know when it actually becomes untenable.

The value of these computers frankly cannot be overstated.

Still need a raid box though.. my N54L chugs along for now though arguably any a cheapy with a raid card. and disk bays can do that job.

The new mac mini's have fixed ram in the SOC so i guess u need to upsec upfront. Actually considering getting it for kid (with it doubling up as a home vert server host).