Dreadlock_tales

Good Day Fellow people.

I will be buying a new gaming rig in the mext few months and i would like to get some build suggestions from you.

Basically the machine I would like should be able to play pretty much everything on stellar (ultra) graphical settings.

obviously this goes without saying but it is a desktop so a nice monitor/display panel suggestion would be apreciated.

thanks guys

])ragon_\/oid

Expert Member
Everything at Ultra? Take a look at this.

[video=youtube;nQRunV2pBVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQRunV2pBVU[/video]

sybertiger

Expert Member
])ragon_\/oid;15938336 said:
Everything at Ultra? Take a look at this.

[video=youtube;nQRunV2pBVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQRunV2pBVU[/video]

agree get this -1 titan,sometimes in high quad sli,the 4th one can hurt preformance

use that 12-16k and get a full waterloop

HideInLight

Expert Member
Start off with a GTX 980 ti, if R12k gives you a heart attack then we know the aim needs to be lower.

sybertiger

Expert Member
Start off with a GTX 980 ti, if R12k gives you a heart attack then we know the aim needs to be lower.

yah more realistic

980ti -R12k
6700k R5k
mobo R3k
16-32gb ddr4 2666 5k
27" 144 gsync screen 15k
psu-2-3k

just under 45k for the basic things :p

cooler,case,kb,mouse, etc
those can easily stack up to 8k

i5 6600/gtx970 build will prob cost around 20-25k depending on what brands you get

Last edited:

HideInLight

Expert Member
Can also do the usual, hunt down a 4th gen i5 on carbonite, put it on on a R700/R1400 motherboard.
This new gen intel are expensive, not worth it too be honest if working on a budget, because the price difference is almost a jump from GTX 970 to GTX 980 ti.

Dreadlock_tales

Hello people.
my budget sits at around 15-20k
do I really need to SLI? would one GTX980ti be enough or am i that out of touch with current gaming
in terms of resolution Full HD preferred but 4k isn't a must
Gaming Keyboard and mouse are not important really at the moment those excessive peripherals will come later. that and i will be buying a new set. so maybe a mid range gaming mouse at most.
sound is also taken care of so no issues there.
basically what i need:
PSU
MoBo
Ram
GPU
HDD/SSD
Cooling system (does not have to be liquid cooled system)
Chassis (no need for a flashy ass Chassis, just something functional really)
Monitor

Gnarls

Expert Member
^What resolution are you going to be playing at? If just 1080p then the 980ti should be more than enough.

Dreadlock_tales

yeah look i dont need 4k but 1920x1080 is fine with me obviously (without sounding like a framerate whore) i would prefer a higher than 30fps even 60fps but i know there has been some contention there.

sybertiger

Expert Member
hi,
will you buy 2nd hand?

as u can get alot better system if u go 2nd hand from carbonite

and were are you located

Dreadlock_tales

okay what is carbonite (not the star wars matter)? 2nd hand is not my first choice obviously I would prefer new. I live in port Elizabeth unfortunately.

But seriously is it really going to cost me R45,000 to get a good gaming rig??

Pitbull

Verboten
okay what is carbonite (not the star wars matter)? 2nd hand is not my first choice obviously I would prefer new. I live in port Elizabeth unfortunately.

But seriously is it really going to cost me R45,000 to get a good gaming rig??

I built one on a similar budget to yours about 4 months ago. With the prices changes and new cards out you should be able to mix things up a bit and get slightly better gear.

Dreadlock_tales

that sounds more hopeful to me but what about the recent drop of the Rand to the dollar? will that not completely **** up "good pricing"?

sybertiger

Expert Member
i will make a 20k build on wootwere for u now :) and will update this post

main thing that kills budget is screen,atlest 3k for one
good psu,also a bit

a 970 is around 5k
980ti 12k

Dreadlock_tales

wowza okay I see now> thanks for all your help guys i really appreciate it! but in terms of my plans for the future.... maybe i will wait for the Rand to strengthen at the same time as the earth is proved to be flat and hollow with zombie Hilter riding a T-rex....