New software issue found in Boeing 737 Max

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
New software issue found in Boeing 737 Max

Boeing has identified a new software flaw in the grounded 737 Max that will require additional work, possibly further delaying the plane’s return to service.

The company alerted the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and is notifying customers and its suppliers, it said in an emailed statement. [Bloomberg]

garp

Executive Member
I can’t see how any airline will ever be able to convince passengers to fly on one of these again, no matter how much work has been done improving the software. At best, they’ll be good for cargo.

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
I can’t see how any airline will ever be able to convince passengers to fly on one of these again, no matter how much work has been done improving the software. At best, they’ll be good for cargo.
I don’t even see how they would convince a pilot to fly it.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
They halted all production of it and they won't make anymore new ones.
So this plane is already a rock in the clouds.

Swa

Honorary Master
theres an old 286 motherboard flying the plane around?
that explains the problem :ROFL:
Not exactly. The "motherboard" would be new as will the processor. Many people don't know it but the 80x86 is still in mainstream use and being manufactured. Even an Athlon would be an incredibly complex processor so for simple applications an 80286 or equivalent is used which is a lot simpler to implement. Also doesn't mean it's running at the same speed it used to.

It's worrying that engineers can't get it working right with software that's bug free.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Not exactly. The "motherboard" would be new as will the processor. Many people don't know it but the 80x86 is still in mainstream use and being manufactured. Even an Athlon would be an incredibly complex processor so for simple applications an 80286 or equivalent is used which is a lot simpler to implement. Also doesn't mean it's running at the same speed it used to.

It's worrying that engineers can't get it working right with software that's bug free.
:)
Awesome
Thanx for clearing that up
For a moment here I thought a 286 motherboard with 4 megabytes RAM running DOS 6.22 and WIN 3.11 was roaming the sky keeping passengers safe :thumbsup: