New Xbox 360 Elite Halo Bundle (Canada ATM)

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Another day, another Xbox 360 Elite price cut rumor. This time, said gossip comes to us in the form of a tipster (who wishes to remain anonymous), whose unnamed Canadian retail outlet is adding a new SKU to its store shelves -- a $349.99 Xbox 360 Elite bundle which includes a copy of Halo 3 and a network adapter. Considering both of those items still carry fairly hefty price tags, that's one heck of a deal.

Said tipster sent in four photos (the others are posted after the jump) and a supposed street date for the Canadian bundle -- August 28. Another interesting bit of info: The tipster also claimed that a new shipment of Xbox 360 Arcades carry no mention of the supposedly-soon-to-be-phased-out Pro model. If you're a Canadian retail employee who can shed some light onto the veracity of this new bundle, shoot us an email -- and as always, we'll respect your anonymity. We'll also respect your anemones. And your enmity!

Update: We've just received a tip pointing out that this very bundle is now available at The Source, a Circuit City affiliate based out of Canada. Get this -- the online offer actually shows a $329.99 price tag for the whole kit-and-caboodle. Oh, if only we lived up in America's Big White Hat!

Pics and source

Cantera

Expert Member
Do you think we will get a price cut now that the PS3 slim is on its way?

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Xbox 360 Pro missing from new Elite packaging

The lifespan of the Xbox 360 Pro looks to be dwindling every day. First, the SKU disappeared from the comparison chart on the Xbox 360 Arcade packaging, and now it looks like the same change has occurred on the Xbox 360 Elite box. Perhaps even more significant is that the Elite has abandoned its traditional (and super 1337) gray packaging for white. White, as it happens, is also the color of Xbox 360 Pro packaging. Coincidence, or proof that the Pro is on its last legs?

One final bit of (somewhat depressing) evidence, the Elite box states that it only includes standard A/V cables. No component, no HDMI, just plain vanilla A/V. In fact, the only features separating the Elite from the Arcade are a headset, an Ethernet cable and the 120GB hard drive. Even assuming the Elite drops to $299, that's not a lot of extras beyond the $199 Arcade model. At least Canada gets Halo 3 and a wireless adapter to make the deal a little sweeter.

I think MS has bigger plans up the sleeve but don't take my word on this. It's just that I'm starting to see a pattern here. First they bring out some yummier Elite based bundles (although not that great) and start to phase out the Pro model slowly but surely. I think that maybe after the Pro have all sold out, MS might bring the Elite down to a Pro based price structure and the arcade to an even lower price structure.