New Year's Day Bug Cause iPhone Alarm Carnage

so a lot of Appleheads were late for their family dinner appointments on New Year's day? :D

Sounds devastating.
 
Bizarre. I set an alarm for today and it didn't sound but when I changed the date to tomorrow it worked just fine.
 
Both my wife and my phone had this issue this morning. Alarm set for 5:15am to go cycle and nada....Woke up close to 7 thinking the sun had risen earlier :)
 
iPhone 4 here.. wasn't affected.. still is the best phone on the market :p

Think it was for once off alarms, mine is set to weekdays 4:30 in the morning, and I also did not have a problem (on the one morning I wished it would not go off)
 
iPhone 4 here.. wasn't affected.. still is the best phone on the market :p
Because you didn't set a once-off alarm?

Apple's acknowledged the problem, but I'm curious to why the problem sorted itself today.
 
I was affected on my 3gs. Its working again now.
 
Last edited:
my i4 is affected
my i3 is affected
my ipad running 3.22 is "stuck" on the 1st of january
 
Bizarre. I set an alarm for today and it didn't sound but when I changed the date to tomorrow it worked just fine.

[COMMENT FROM APPLE (not really)] The phone works fine, your head is in the wrong place to hear the alarms properly. Sleep with your head approx 2.5cm from the phone placed at a 12degree angle and you will always hear the alarm[/END STATEMENT]
 
[COMMENT FROM APPLE (not really)] The phone works fine, your head is in the wrong place to hear the alarms properly. Sleep with your head approx 2.5cm from the phone placed at a 12degree angle and you will always hear the alarm[/END STATEMENT]

Umm, apple acknowledged there was a problem. ;)
 
Love the article heading by the way.

This is carnage, not a mobile phone alarm going off.

"Omg run for your lives, my phone is going to kill us all!" :rolleyes:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X