Newsgroup recommendation

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Could of sworn there was a thread somewhere, but can't find it.

Can anyone recommend a paid newsgroup provider? Currently with sunnyusenet which expired today.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Could of sworn there was a thread somewhere, but can't find it.

Can anyone recommend a paid newsgroup provider? Currently with sunnyusenet which expired today.
You just missed the Free-Usenet double promo by a week. It would've been ~R200 for 1TB, now it's only 500GB.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I prefer the unlimited type - capped by speed.
Do you really download that much, I also always used the unlimited accounts and then I moved over to a block account now I haven't needed to renew anything and after more than a year I've only gone through 60% of the block.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
You just missed the Free-Usenet double promo by a week. It would've been ~R200 for 1TB, now it's only 500GB.
I only use their block accounts. Great value...especially with those specials. Luckily they do them every couple of months. I always have some in reserve.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Just prefer it hassle free - I usually buy an annual service, I don't monitor it afterwards. I had the 30Mbps option - which was about R300 last year for the year.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Fastusenet.org $5.95 special

https://www.fastusenet.org/signup/usenet-signup-promo.php

honestly usenet has become pointless for me personally. 1. you need to pay for a usenet server if you want decent download speeds and quotas. 2. you need to pay for a usenet indexer because the free ones die, is unreliable or obviously has fake nzbs.

I now just leave my fibre line 24/7 on a private torrent site. It can seed back what I download and has latest content also old stuff you can get without any issues.

bar1

Expert Member
Also looking for a good index provider....my subscription with nzb.su has expired.....they are ok, but checking if there is something better out there