Nintendo Switch - Model upgrade

cerebus

Honorary Master
Last edited:

animehero

Expert Member
To me the most interesting application is overclocking. You can get quite a bit of a boost in docked mode.

I'm sure the chips are running well below threshold by default,but that was a Nintendo decision for a reason.Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable overclocking mine. For the games that I do play,seems perfectly fine to me,but then again I use handheld 90% of the time

cerebus

Honorary Master
I'm sure the chips are running well below threshold by default,but that was a Nintendo decision for a reason.Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable overclocking mine. For the games that I do play,seems perfectly fine to me,but then again I use handheld 90% of the time
Yeah it's very much a do-it-at-your-own-risk thing to overclock it. But there are some games that can get a nice boost, like Doom or Senua's Sacrifice - especially where they're using adaptive resolutions.

But if you could overclock the new Switches it could be pretty badass. I'd be happy with something that had the same battery life as the old Switch but enough performance to run everything without frame or resolution drops.

animehero

Expert Member
Unofficial Android for Switch has been released

XDA Thread

Very cool. I'll be trying this out myself when I get an additional MicroSD card