No DStv – No problem

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
No DStv – No problem

DStv is the only TV platform in South Africa which will broadcast the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – after the SABC could not reach an agreement with SuperSport for broadcasting rights.

With the popularity of rugby, the 2019 Rugby World Cup is expected to be a widely-watched event in the country.

Bad1

stream it online, many free streaming sites or cheap sites no need to pay almost R1000 a month for dstv premium

ubercal

Expert Member
Dont care , English premiership and Champions League on SS3 is just fine for me.

Swa

Honorary Master
What legal alternatives are there? None.

maumau

Honorary Master
What does that headline mean, why is it no problem if they're the only ones broadcasting RWC?

OT: gardener told me "no-one" will pay their TV licence if SABC don't show it. Don't know if he and his friends have been paying or not.

EDIT. NVM read the article, Multichoice offering a special deal.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
stream it online, many free streaming sites or cheap sites no need to pay almost R1000 a month for dstv premium
I'm so tired of this comment. We all know about streams and IPTV. All the sport you want for R150pm and you are up and running within minutes.

grok

Honorary Master
Fear not dear viewers, the storm is alway darkest where its Hlaudi..

Attachments

thechamp

Honorary Master
Dont care , English premiership and Champions League on SS3 is just fine for me.
But it's the National team, we have a moral obligation to watch and support our team, I am also not a fan of rugby but when the national team plays I am, it's patriotic like that.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
which service?
There's a whole thread on it. StreamIPTV is one of them.

Would be nice to one day hear of a legal alternative. They'll come, DSTV/Multichoice just needs to run out of licensing deals.