No escape from Vodacom contract

v3gout

I want to cancel my Vodacom contract and switch to prepaid so that I can get international roaming without having to pay the ridiculous R5000 deposit (I've had a paid-up contract for years, having to pay a deposit is an insult).
Vodashop tells me I have to phone 0821958 to do so; but after holding for 8 minutes and hearing dozens of times that I must stay on the line to rate service ... well I gave up. The end of the call will never come, so I'll have to say here the service is utterly c@@p.

v3gout

It gets better - I logged in on vodacom.co.za and requested a call-back. Got an SMS saying 'there was a problem recording your scheduled callback. Please resubmit your request.' Sigh.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
My wife has a 2GB data sim and in September they started pester her to upgrade it. She said no, please cancel it upon which she was told it will convert to prepaid at the end of November. I checked this morning and it is still active, got 2GB to use until end January. She has spent hours trying to get it cancelled today.