No internet after 12pm?

RA-ID-FAK

I seem to routinely suffer from an "outage" from 12pm onwards, and scheduled downloads therefore do not start. I have to switch off the LTE device sometimes more than once for a connection to be achieved.

.....anyone experience anything similiar?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I can offer a suggestion of what happens on Vodacom.
Their 24-hour "specials" expire at 23:59:59. Any session you have going at that time being counted down will terminate and then wont automatically start again and take up where you where. A new session must be set up counted down on a new "special" or against a package.
The fiddling around can take up to 10 minutes sometimes before things settle down

RA-ID-FAK

Thanks Geoff,

I have both Vodacom and MTN LTE devices, and don't suffer with any scheduled downloads starting at 1AM on Vodacom.

2021-08-01 11_26_40-Window - Copy.png

wizardofid

Executive Member
Thanks Geoff,

I have both Vodacom and MTN LTE devices, and don't suffer with any scheduled downloads starting at 1AM on Vodacom.

View attachment 1118182

Vodacom system is different to the that of MTN, so you can't compare the two, as Geoff, said you will have to stop the MTN session and start a new one to make sure it switches the data to night express.

RA-ID-FAK

Vodacom system is different to the that of MTN, so you can't compare the two, as Geoff, said you will have to stop the MTN session and start a new one to make sure it switches the data to night express.
Thanks,

I did exactly that this morning @ 12:10am on the MTN LTE device, as I didn't want complaints that the internet was off after 6am......I really don't understand why I have to reset my router (either after midnight or during morning breakfast)

ZTE MF286R"3G/4G" flashes green instead of blue, then I know I have to reset

wizardofid

Executive Member
Thanks,

I did exactly that this morning @ 12:10am on the MTN LTE device, as I didn't want complaints that the internet was off after 6am......I really don't understand why I have to reset my router (either after midnight or during morning breakfast)

ZTE MF286R"3G/4G" flashes green instead of blue, then I know I have to reset
So you prefer that MTN uses anytime data or airtime instead then, they have improved the system a lot, previously if you had an active session it would just continue using anytime data and not switch over to night express.MTN eventually resets connections with night express data, but it takes time, so if you want to use night express data on the dot at 00:01 then you have to reset the connection.

BTW are you resetting the entire modem or just the connection. On my huawei I simply log onto the web interface and reset the connection, have the app on my tablet and a shortcut in my bookmarks on desktop so it takes less then a minute to do, so it isn't a hassle in the least, I prefer resetting the connection any way as a safety precaution.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I seem to routinely suffer from an "outage" from 12pm onwards, and scheduled downloads therefore do not start. I have to switch off the LTE device sometimes more than once for a connection to be achieved.

.....anyone experience anything similiar?
So just before lunch break?