No more dessert-themed names for Android

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
No more dessert-themed names for Android

Google has announced that the upcoming version of its mobile operating system will officially be named Android 10.

The company said it has stopped the tradition of naming Android operating systems after desserts in an effort to simplify its branding.

3WA

Executive Member
First they cancel the Nexus line and now this? I am done.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I think this might be a sign of Google as a company starting to grow up a bit in terms of how it handles product lifecycles.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
They do it in numbers now and not in lunchbreaks?
Numbers is just more adult :p

Google unfortunately has a reputation of just killing products or never taking them out of beta etc.... maybe an official versioning number is them growing up...

I am being optimistic obviously.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Numbers is just more adult :p

Google unfortunately has a reputation of just killing products or never taking them out of beta etc.... maybe an official versioning number is them growing up...

I am being optimistic obviously.
They do it because they have a lot of projects and know when something is successful or not. Better that than beating a dead horse. The way they function is they give their employees opportunities to create projects, and sometimes it just doesn't work out. That is fine.

3WA

Executive Member
You okes are reading too much into it. It's just because no-one wants a phone running Queijadinha

eg2505

Honorary Master
well at least they not calling the versions after terrorist organizations:p

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
They do it because they have a lot of projects and know when something is successful or not. Better that than beating a dead horse. The way they function is they give their employees opportunities to create projects, and sometimes it just doesn't work out. That is fine.
Except Google kill projects that are successful as well...

RedViking

Nord of the South
You okes are reading too much into it. It's just because no-one wants a phone running Queijadinha
I am too scared to google that. :eek:

Edit: Okay it is relatively safe for work.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Google knows their international userbase isn't too stupid to recognise an American sweet. They're just sick of the hassle involved, especially when it's a trademark like KitKat or Oreo.