No such luck

thedutchman

Expert Member
so where does she live ? cant be that far away.... otherwise, just extend your costumer range a bit and investigate if ppl in that area need that kind of service that you deliver.just make sure you've got a lot of free minutes or free off peak minutes cause it'll cost you a LOT

DDV TECH

Expert Member
Didn't you say it was an MP3?

/begins to get suspicious
Yes, but depending on your rig, you will have to tell us if it is inverted or modular encoding, it is possible for us to encode any song using a very high resolution encoding technique. HD MP3 FTW!

outta_luck

so where does she live ? cant be that far away.... otherwise, just extend your costumer range a bit and investigate if ppl in that area need that kind of service that you deliver.just make sure you've got a lot of free minutes or free off peak minutes cause it'll cost you a LOT
Well, its a good 4 hour drive. Plus her time seems to be minimal, working to pay her studies, etc. My customer base is mainly an hour from where we are at the moment, but I won't always be down on business. And always working down here doesn't leave much time between us.

Its never bloody easy, is it?!

Cellphone relationship, yeah I can see that hitting my phone bill hard! :sick:

outta_luck

Yes, but depending on your rig, you will have to tell us if it is inverted or modular encoding, it is possible for us to encode any song using a very high resolution encoding technique. HD MP3 FTW!
I think we're deviating here a little :cool:

timgaul

Honorary Master
Well, its a good 4 hour drive. Plus her time seems to be minimal, working to pay her studies, etc. My customer base is mainly an hour from where we are at the moment, but I won't always be down on business. And always working down here doesn't leave much time between us.

Its never bloody easy, is it?!

Cellphone relationship, yeah I can see that hitting my phone bill hard! :sick:
Story of my life, man. Story of my life.

Now do I win a free compilation?

DDV TECH

Expert Member
I think we're deviating here a little :cool:
Well it’s your thread, so I think you can derail it if you want, DJK is not a mod yet, so I’m sure it will be fine…better start a new thread requesting a song just in case then. :D

slayerza

Nope it's never easy but persistence could be worth it in this case. Who knows maybe give it a bit of time and see where that goes. All any of us can do is provide some outside observations, however none of us are in exactly your situation so take all comments at face value.

Hope thing work out well for you

outta_luck

Nope it's never easy but persistence could be worth it in this case. Who knows maybe give it a bit of time and see where that goes. All any of us can do is provide some outside observations, however none of us are in exactly your situation so take all comments at face value.

Hope thing work out well for you
Thanks man!

Heres something I'm trying to wrap my mind around: we've known each other for about two weeks, and it seems as if I've become her biggest confidant. I am in no way complaining, and am more than happy to listen. I hear all about her family's problems, difficulties studying, where she wants to take her life. Perhaps its a case of me being exceptionally supportive and concernced (or just a case of having too much time since my project is winding down :p)

I know she has friends, her oldest school friends are scattered around the country, and she is so busy working and studying it seems the girls she works with are her only other friends; but I'm the one she is running to.

Am I doing something right? Am I making a mistake for both her and I; however, this is the 2000s and a conversation is a cell phone call/SMS away?

slayerza

Personally I would let it ride for a while. I have been in a similar situation and it worked out quite well although I were told that I 'lost the plot' and were 'crazy' but my general attitude is to follow my own mind as long as I'm not doing permanent damage.

If you're not over investing in this why not continue?