No such luck

outta_luck

Okay, so I met a girl. We hit it off straight away. She is, in my opinion, the absolute perfect girl. In a few short days I've met most of her family and have spent quite a bit of time together when we are able.

It has been a long time since I thought this way about someone (call me picky, or tell me my standards are too high - the point is it takes someone really special to get my attention), almost two years, and I just can't stop thinking of her.

We have been through similar turmoil in our lives, have this uncanny understanding of each other and are extremely well matched.

My problem: we find ourselves in very different positions in our lives (this is probably due to the fact that she is 8 years younger than me). We live in different cities. We are both dedicated to our choices and cannot, at this point in time, change our positions without jeapourdising the things that we have worked so hard to achieve.

Why is life sometimes so unkind as to show you something so amazing but never let you have it (kinda like window shopping)?

Does anyone know what I should do? This is tearing me apart, because in a few days I will be gone and possibly never see her again (sure, there are phone calls, and the like, but that might be the extent of it). We are not a couple and therefore have little basis for a long term relationship.

Last edited:

spiderz

Honorary Master
If you can survive a long distance relationship, ur set for life!

My brother went to UK for 2 years and got back to his GF he met before he went. They are married 2day....

outta_luck

Whats the exact ages exactly? 8 years is a bit of a gap...
I are using a pseudonym for a bit of privacy this time round :D

Yes, we are looking at her being 19 years and I'd be 28 years. As such, she is still studying, and I am, well, not studying.

Last edited:

remybfg10k

Expert Member
Wait for the chemicals to settle down, then see if you still feel the same way about her

ComfortablyFloyd

Well you could try having a relationship.
what do you have to loose? Time?
But I would rather try to move on and stay friends. If it's meant to be... It will all work out... Right?
Yeah, I don't believe in that either.

Whatever you do.. Anything can happen. Thats the risky game you have to play.

Waaib

Executive Member
Give up everything you have and go back to school and study with her. That will work. ... I think.

Natasha H

Expert Member
Wherever you are going, to do what you need to do, go.. And let her study..

If she feels the same way about you, as you do her; and if what you feel is real - not merely wanting the unobtainable or not just infactuation, then waiting a year or 2 is not that long..

Pitbull

Verboten
Your not Picky,

Damn if I can get a chick 8 year youger than me :eek: There is no being picky then :p

But then again, if your only 20. I would call you sick.

But for me, I'm 28, she'll be 20..... bliss :D

outta_luck

Give up everything you have and go back to school and study with her. That will work. ... I think.
That really isn't going to fund the car and house payments. Plus it will be a little difficult to run my company.

Pitbull

Verboten
That really isn't going to fund the car and house payments. Plus it will be a little difficult to run my company.
If you have a Company and not a shop, you can run it from anywhere in the world if you want to ;)

outta_luck

Wherever you are going, to do what you need to do, go.. And let her study..

If she feels the same way about you, as you do her; and if what you feel is real - not merely wanting the unobtainable or not just infactuation, then waiting a year or 2 is not that long..
I honestly believe (as a post graduate) that your education and where you get your education is extremely important, and is not a compromise I would be willing to make.

So, yes, we can hope and dream about 2 years. Hope that she doesn't find someone else. Thats does seem to be the only option available, unfortunately.

outta_luck

If you have a Company and not a shop, you can run it from anywhere in the world if you want to ;)
I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately we are Jo'burg based (with most clients in this particular province, hmmm, maybe I should start a one man satellite office).

Pitbull

Verboten
I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately we are Jo'burg based (with most clients in this particular province, hmmm, maybe I should start a one man satellite office).
hehe :p

Where is she going to go study ? She can still visit every weekend and holiday ?

Or is it a little further than that

DDV TECH

Expert Member
Do you want us to encode a special romantic mp3 for you and the special lady?

outta_luck

hehe :p

Where is she going to go study ? She can still visit every weekend and holiday ?

Or is it a little further than that
Its is a little far, with several unfortunately toll booths (read: $$$) on the way. And then its home for the holidays (yet another town miles away from me).

We can only pray that her one choice to study medicine works out. Then she can come study in Jo'burg! Yay!