Noob question about App Store

Skerminkel

Expert Member
I am a complete novice when it comes to Apple devices and -services, so this is probably a stupid question, but: I am helping out a relative to get started on his ipad. On the Google Play store I can search for apps from any browser on my computer (Kubuntu and Firefox in my case, but does not matter.) From the Play store I can choose (or buy) and app and direct where it must be installed. This way I can install apps on any of my Android devices without even being near them. It does not seem like the App Store works this way. Does it work similarly between Apples devices, or can you only install an app from the specific device?

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
itunes if not mistaken. You can plug in a device and do it that way by using itunes

or do it via the store on the device

much safer on apple :p

Priapus

Executive Member
I am a complete novice when it comes to Apple devices and -services, so this is probably a stupid question, but: I am helping out a relative to get started on his ipad. On the Google Play store I can search for apps from any browser on my computer (Kubuntu and Firefox in my case, but does not matter.) From the Play store I can choose (or buy) and app and direct where it must be installed. This way I can install apps on any of my Android devices without even being near them. It does not seem like the App Store works this way. Does it work similarly between Apples devices, or can you only install an app from the specific device?

It depends on what you want, really. If you want to install from a compute to your iDevice - this isn't possible.
However, if you've setup all your iDevice's on the same iCloud account (Same one used to download from App Store) - any apps you download on the one device, will be installed on other compatible devices automatically.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
... any apps you download on the one device, will be installed on other compatible devices automatically.

Thanks. So I cannot choose which apps may take up space on my various devices? Everything is just installed on all devices?