NP200 yay or nay?

Stefan.dl

Can't go wrong with a NP200. My dad has one. Value for money and cheap to run and maintain.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
There is only two you should look at the 16v petrol or the Diesel(the std non 16v is heavy on juice).

eg2505

Honorary Master
Nissan 1400, :ROFL:

but aren't NP200's High risk vehicles? because the engine is used in a lot of other cars?

shadow_man

Executive Member
I'm looking for an ldv for the office. I've spoken to a couple people who have recommended I stay away from the np200.

I've always liked them tho I've never owned one. What's the verdict?

I've also looked at a few Chevy Utilities. They seem good too?

Cars in Joburg just seem so much cheaper than cape town. Is it worth buying one up there and bringing it down?
I have a 2012 model - still going strong with 130k on the clock. Not one issue so far.

Mind you I drive it hard (fast), but it hasn't been a loaded vehicle as it's my personal run around and thus not a bakkie work horse.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Not sure what you mean since NP300 is branded NP300 Hardbody. It is just the commercial version.
It used to be just the Hardbody before the NP300 name came along, so many people simply know it as a Hardbody.

rh1

Expert Member
Not sure what you mean since NP300 is branded NP300 Hardbody. It is just the commercial version.
Op was asking about NP200, I was not sure if you were referring to NP200 or NP300 is your original post.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
It's a Renault engine, for both the 1.6 and 1.5dci.
When did they change? Used to be the 1st gen Dacia Sandero engine, that was in the NP200. Ok, ok, technically one can argue that Dacia Sandero and Dusters are rebranded as Renault in South Africa..

TheChamp

Honorary Master
When did they change? Used to be the 1st gen Dacia Sandero engine, that was in the NP200. Ok, ok, technically one can argue that Dacia Sandero and Dusters are rebranded as Renault in South Africa..
I think Dacia builds the car and engines are from Renault, the engines are still the same engines from the very first generation.

Mars

Honorary Master
Thanks for the input guys. I went and had a look at more NP200's yesterday than I'd like. They all seemed a little tired for what I was paying.
I ended up spending a little more on a ford transit.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Thanks for the input guys. I went and had a look at more NP200's yesterday than I'd like. They all seemed a little tired for what I was paying.
I ended up spending a little more on a ford transit.
Cool, the one that looks like a Caddy or the proper Ford Transit?