Nvidia reveals new Shield TV set-top boxes

Hanno Labuschagne

Staff member
Nvidia reveals new Shield TV set-top boxes

Nvidia has launched the latest generation of its Shield TV set-top boxes for cloud-based gaming and media streaming.

The company unveiled two new devices - the Shield TV and Shield TV Pro, which it said are intended for casual streamers and gaming enthusiasts alike.

Nvidia's new set-top boxes sport the company's Tegra X1+ processor, which it claims is 25% faster than the previous-generation X1 chip.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Lol, dont think we will see the listed rand prices, if we do, i will take 2!

Lol, dont think we will see the listed rand prices, if we do, i will take 2!
Just placed an order for some. Will be available on our BoB store in a couple of weeks.

Other items will be listed soon as well, is empty now cos I cleared stock before I moved.

TheLuckmeister

Just placed an order for some. Will be available on our BoB store in a couple of weeks.

Other items will be listed soon as well, is empty now cos I cleared stock before I moved.
Let us know when you get them!

Xperia

Thinking of ordering one directly from Amazon, should I expect to have to pay customs duties on arrival in SA?

namzsteve

Expert Member

Please let us know when they arrive, been saving up for one. Didn't want to get the old one.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Reactions: Yuu

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
The Nvidia Shield TV is priced at $150 (R2,180), while the Shield TV Pro will set you back $200 (R2,910).
These prices look very low.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Just as I was getting ready to order (old) one.
Seems Amazon is the best bet, does courier charge go down if you choose a "major center" to have it delivered?
I'm in the sticks here so they charging $27

Azg

Expert Member
R2587 incl Courier for the oddly shaped one.

Edit: Now to decide which one, I'm so tempted :((((((((
I think that price includes a delivery charge of $27, but excludes import duties.

Or maybe there is no import duty / VAT on this item? I thought the price would be about R3500.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm a bit clueless about these devices - what do they actually do? Over and above smart TV functions?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
System
ProcessorNVIDIA Tegra X1+Operating Systems SupportedAndroid, Apple iOS

Interesting from newegg page.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I'm a bit clueless about these devices - what do they actually do? Over and above smart TV functions?
They make content look better and faster to use then built in stuff. Built in smart tv stuff is not as fast and don't always have dolby vision and dolby atmos support.

Xperia

If you have a PC with a newish Nvidia graphics card, you can also stream most of your PC games and play them on your TV