Official 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Or Nam could just turn on some charm and frustrate us :)
 
Oi !!! I submitted that earlier today!!!

ps what is your name on Superbru? And are you in the Rugby15 pool?

Or Nam could just turn on some charm and frustrate us :)

I am thinking that we will likely get up to 60 odd points if we play like we did against fiji... but I can also see how we do not put more than 40 past them :o
 
7-10 tries should be easy to achive.

Im thinking 60-80 points on a bad day.... ;)

On a good day...erm...... well closer to 100...hahahahaha
 
http://www.rugby15.co.za/2011/09/fijian-flanker-banned-for-3-weeks-after-lambie-tip-tackle/

Fijian flanker Dominiko Waqaniburotu has been banned for three weeks after he was found guilty of a dangerous tackle on Springbok fullback Pat Lambie in their Pool D clash in Wellington on Saturday.

Waqaniburotu who was only penalised during the match was subsequently cited for the incident after which he appeared before a disciplinary committee. The committee found him guilty of a spear/tip tackle and banned him for three weeks, effectively ending his participation in the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Waqaniburotu will miss his sides final two Pool matches and chances of making the play-offs are very unlikely.

Rugby Heaven reports that Waqaniburotu was spared a six-week ban because of “his admission, his excellent disciplinary record and remorse and the absence of aggravating factors.
 
Dunno why some folk keep calling our squad old. Our average age is 27.8 (New Zealand's 27.5 and England's 26.7) and last week the oldest team (Ireland) beat the youngest team (Australia).

I agree with those claiming the high road. England went via the higher road with a squad everyone had written off in 2007.
Don't forget we only lost to Australia by a few points in our home leg of the Tri-Nations. With momentum and our BMT I really see us as the favourites in a QF vs Australia. Ireland showed that a team with experienced heads can outsmart them.

Carter is rather fragile at the moment, if he is injured before the semi then we'll take it. I also reckon the home ground pressure and their addiction to playing expansive rugby will be a downfall for the AB's in a crunch game.

Call it silly Saffer loyalty but I'm really positive about our boys.
 
Dunno why some folk keep calling our squad old. Our average age is 27.8 (New Zealand's 27.5 and England's 26.7) and last week the oldest team (Ireland) beat the youngest team (Australia).

I agree with those claiming the high road. England went via the higher road with a squad everyone had written off in 2007.
Don't forget we only lost to Australia by a few points in our home leg of the Tri-Nations. With momentum and our BMT I really see us as the favourites in a QF vs Australia. Ireland showed that a team with experienced heads can outsmart them.

Carter is rather fragile at the moment, if he is injured before the semi then we'll take it. I also reckon the home ground pressure and their addiction to playing expansive rugby will be a downfall for the AB's in a crunch game.

Call it silly Saffer loyalty but I'm really positive about our boys.

I agree with all of this post :)

And don't worry mate the loyalty is not silly.
 
TEAM FOR NAMIBIA

15 Pat Lambie
14 Gio Aplon
13 Jaque Fourie
12 Frans Steyn
11 Bryan Habana
10 Morné Steyn
9 Francois Hougaard
8 Pierre Spies
7 Schalk Burger
6 Willem Alberts
5 Danie Rossouw
4 Bakkies Botha
3 CJ van der Linde
2 John Smit (captain)
1 Gurthrö Steenkamp
Replacements
16 Chiliboy Ralepelle
17 Tendai Mtawarira
18 Francois Louw
19 Heinrich Brüssow
20 Fourie du Preez
21 Ruan Pienaar
22 Juan de Jongh

I like the look of this team for the most part :D

Hopefully they don't keep Danie / Bakkies on the field for longer than 40 mins. I also hope de Jongh gets 40 mins or more to show that he will not fail us if he needs to play.

I would also have given F Louw a start as well as put J. Fourie on the bench as he has seen his fair share of rugby this season.

Maybe the management think that they will give this game a good go, then rest / bench the work horses for the Samoa game and thus try and minimize time spent on the field with the bruizers.
 
Although Ndungane had a stormer of a game against Fiji, I hope somehow somewhere Habana finds some sort of form. He needs to play the full 80. If this is our "second string" team then I feel sorry for the other teams.

That backline and Hougaard are gonna run rings around Namibia.
 
Although Ndungane had a stormer of a game against Fiji, I hope somehow somewhere Habana finds some sort of form. He needs to play the full 80. If this is our "second string" team then I feel sorry for the other teams.

That backline and Hougaard are gonna run rings around Namibia.

I also think we will come out blazing tomorrow.

Who do you guys think will win between Japan and Tonga in tomorrow's game?
 
I also think we will come out blazing tomorrow.

Who do you guys think will win between Japan and Tonga in tomorrow's game?

I picked up 2.5 points today, called the 36 margin! Went au contraire for tomorrow's game - and ideal opportunity to score against the rest of the pool...Japan with 1.

But I'm slightly nervous. :-)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X