OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

23rd the source was released, so the default assumption is that htc/whoever can work on it now.
 
Frack, my data keeps on staying disconnected....on now, but needed it connected earlier, and it wouldn't....sucks!
 
You have to remember, avi is just a file container. The video inside it could be encoded in other weird formats, so asking for an avi player is technically a bit of a vague request. I will in this case assume you just finished downloading How I met your mother from a torrent site, and want to watch it on your phone. The best and possibly only app at the moment is Rockplayer. Don't have a link at hand at the moment, but there might be somewhere in this thread. If not, google 'Rockplayer apk', you should find it easily enough. It works extremely well. Tested it with a 350mb episode of some space documentary, worked great. Cannot help with. Flv though...fairly sure there should be an app for it? Anyone else know?
 
Got hold of the RockPlayer.apk file but when i try run it on the phone i get an error: There is a problem parsing the package.

Corrupt file maybe. File size is also only 32.4KB
 
Got hold of the RockPlayer.apk file but when i try run it on the phone i get an error: There is a problem parsing the package.

Corrupt file maybe. File size is also only 32.4KB

The Parsing error means that there was an interruption while you were downloading the package and you didnt get the whole thing, try download it again
 
The Parsing error means that there was an interruption while you were downloading the package and you didnt get the whole thing, try download it again

Yup was incomplete as it turns out. Thought the file was too small. Thanks for the confirmation
 
guys please help me i cant decide on a cover, not sure if its better to get a rubber one which will be better if the phone drops or a a hard shell one which will be more comfortable to hold.
Also are the rubber covers and silicon covers the same material :p?

I want something like this http://www.iskin.com/revo2_overview.html but i cant find one for the desire
 
My HTC Desire is sitting at home waiting for me to open the packaging. This last hour at work is going to be torture!!!
 
My HTC Desire is sitting at home waiting for me to open the packaging. This last hour at work is going to be torture!!!

Beware, if you married or got a GF, be prepared to have them fight with you for not spending time with them :D

This fone never gets tired of me LOL
 
guys please help me i cant decide on a cover, not sure if its better to get a rubber one which will be better if the phone drops or a a hard shell one which will be more comfortable to hold.
Also are the rubber covers and silicon covers the same material :p?

I want something like this http://www.iskin.com/revo2_overview.html but i cant find one for the desire

Go check out lab88.co.za i think, they have the proporta ones, not rubber but gel, much better imo. even washable screen protectors
 
Has anyone tried playing xvid or h264 the blue ray rips with rockplayer?
 
Go check out lab88.co.za i think, they have the proporta ones, not rubber but gel, much better imo. even washable screen protectors

thanks, im looking for one that has the hard piece of removable plastic for like when i want to chuck the phone in my bad, so that i dont have to worry about pressure on the screen
 
This has to surely be the most amazing piece of tech I have ever had my hands on...I can't get enough of it, and I finally have it tweaked just right so that my batter goes for about a day and a half on a single charge. The phone is only 3 days old now, so hopefully this will extend to 2 days on a single charge, or perhaps there is a little bit more tweaking to be done, lol ;) !!!! I really hope Froyo gets to our Desire's soon, so that we can all shout IPHONE 4 EPIC FAIL!!!! lol!
 
This has to surely be the most amazing piece of tech I have ever had my hands on...I can't get enough of it, and I finally have it tweaked just right so that my batter goes for about a day and a half on a single charge. The phone is only 3 days old now, so hopefully this will extend to 2 days on a single charge, or perhaps there is a little bit more tweaking to be done, lol ;) !!!! I really hope Froyo gets to our Desire's soon, so that we can all shout IPHONE 4 EPIC FAIL!!!! lol!

Hehe ye... I'll rather get soccer updates on my phone than watch it on the tele im THAT addicted
 
Beware, if you married or got a GF, be prepared to have them fight with you for not spending time with them :D

This fone never gets tired of me LOL

Hehehe! Been having the same problems....You see, I am an introvert all of the time, but now I am worse! I must say, I have gotten her in on the action...Installed TextTwist Turbo on the phone, and it's a great game to play together;-)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X