OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Mmm, strange...I just put in those details, but it does not give me a radio button to choose it...Wonder why?! Gonna try fix it...by looking for another rom...bhahahaha!!
 
Mmm, strange...I just put in those details, but it does not give me a radio button to choose it...Wonder why?! Gonna try fix it...by looking for another rom...bhahahaha!!

I am on mtn, configured my own APN, did same thing anc put internet for APN and name, i left guest blank, did not fill anything else, and it works...I can even access my cctv cameras at home with this fone in realtime over 3g
 
LeeDrOiD Mod V1.3 (16/07 l Froyo+Sense l Fast l Stable l Multilingual) Link: http://www.multiupload.com/37FWIDI40Y

I think I will wait for their mod from the official 2.2.

Yeah Im sitting on LeeDroid 1.2a still, Im happy with how its performing now, I just added the super battery circle thing. Will flash new one when something bigger comes along, like the official 2.2 :)
 
Yep. I've actually moved back to Android 2.1 in order to avoid the little bug that the 2.2 ROMs all have. I'll wait for the official 2.2 ROM before I start playing with 2.2 ROMs again.
 
Yeah Im sitting on LeeDroid 1.2a still, Im happy with how its performing now, I just added the super battery circle thing. Will flash new one when something bigger comes along, like the official 2.2 :)

1.which is better IYO between DJDroid and leedroid?
2.does your google voice search work?
BTW Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM (OpenDesire) available from kitchen
 
Last edited:
1.which is better IYO between DJDroid and leedroid?
2.does your google voice search work?
BTW Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM (OpenDesire) available from kitchen

1. I prefer LeeDroid, its more snappy, and I haven't had a complaint while using it the last week or so, had some weird stuff happen on DJ... For me its great cause the main reason I rooted in the first place was to get more space to install apps, got 120mb after restart on internal memory.
2. I have no idea, where can I check for you? (Don't mind if its not working, will never use it)

I'll wait another 2 or 3 weeks and compare all the ROMs again, maybe flash and test a couple.
 
1. I prefer LeeDroid, its more snappy, and I haven't had a complaint while using it the last week or so, had some weird stuff happen on DJ... For me its great cause the main reason I rooted in the first place was to get more space to install apps, got 120mb after restart on internal memory.
2. I have no idea, where can I check for you? (Don't mind if its not working, will never use it)

I'll wait another 2 or 3 weeks and compare all the ROMs again, maybe flash and test a couple.

In 2.1 I just use to hold down the search button and speak...even speak to sms(app), useful for sms while driving mode
I want to reflash, but i am wondering if RADIO: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 will work instead of the one posted on leedroids xda page Radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04

Edit: I just loaded LeeDroid1.3a Voice recognition working and fixed in this version...why dont they market voice recognition on this fone over i fone
 
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am getting a friend of mine who is visiting Singapore to buy a Desire for me there (he has some spare cash and there are some amazing prices there).

As far as making sure it works here in SA, I plan on getting some prepaid option with vodacom or mtn or something to use with it here. What do I need to check? That it's unlocked? How do I check?
 
Can anyone tell me of their contract that they have with vodacom for this phone please? What they pay monthly etc... (eg: talk 100)
 
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me of their contract that they have with vodacom for this phone please? What they pay monthly etc... (eg: talk 100)

R300 for Talk 120 + R104 handset fee (also get 120 free anytime minutes). I ordered my phone 2 weeks ago and still waiting.
 
Wow! There are still people waiting? I've had my Desire for.... hmmm, 2-3 months? Yeah, something like that...
 
R325 on Topup 315, plus R104 a month handset fee.

I knew making a mission to get the phone on the launch weekend would pay off, glad I only had to wait five days :D
 
Mmm, strange...I just put in those details, but it does not give me a radio button to choose it...Wonder why?! Gonna try fix it...by looking for another rom...bhahahaha!!

I seem to be having the same problem... im guessing you are running LeeDrOiD Mod V1.2a? I think you are right........time for me to reflash
 
I seem to be having the same problem... im guessing you are running LeeDrOiD Mod V1.2a? I think you are right........time for me to reflash

go with leedroid 1.3a, the best one around, my APN working fine on mtn.

Just a thought, on APN. on some networks you have to name it smartdata = celc, mtn=mtn, sometimes it works if you put Internet as the setting name instead of the providers name
 
R325 on Topup 315, plus R104 a month handset fee.

I knew making a mission to get the phone on the launch weekend would pay off, glad I only had to wait five days :D

I made up my mind to get the phone about 2 months ago, and 24 hours later I had it in my hand:-) Well, I did phone just about every MTN in Pretoria...till one said they can see Fourways has one...drove there...they did, but got sent to another shop to pay something to upgrade...other shop said I don't have to, and they have the phone, and 30 minutes later I was having the hardest time ever trying to concentrate on the road in front of me...what a day!
 
I am having HUGE issues upgrading from LeeDroid 1.2b to 1.3a....the Rom Manager does not want to reboot, so I have to try to find a solution for it now...sigh!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X