OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

I am having HUGE issues upgrading from LeeDroid 1.2b to 1.3a....the Rom Manager does not want to reboot, so I have to try to find a solution for it now...sigh!

Fakeflash and install from SD card?

I am on 1.2b too, but holding on to this until the new mod on official 2.2
 
Fakeflash and install from SD card?

I am on 1.2b too, but holding on to this until the new mod on official 2.2

Thanks! I forgot about FakeFlash! Rom Manager made me lazy;-) Busy flashing now. I think I should also settle for a few weeks after this flash...It's just too addictive flashing the whole time, trying to see if I can get a better score on the benchmarks...sigh! Also, gonna be using the SD card from now on for my apps...not used the old Apps2sd method, and the new one works only for apps with it enabled...maybe I should hang on till I get my 16gb card for my next flash...think it's a good wait.
 
Okay, done! Working beautifully! Playing with the voice input...just posted a message via voice on a friends fb wall who is just about a fanboy...but he has taken notice of Android, so yeah, my work is done! Problem with Rom Manager still persists though:-( It can't reboot the phone...sigh!
 
R325 on Topup 315, plus R104 a month handset fee.

I knew making a mission to get the phone on the launch weekend would pay off, glad I only had to wait five days :D

I asked about that yesterday, cause thats what I want - and they said I can't pay the R104 handset fee upfront, wtf is up with that.
 
can someone tell me how to disable apps from automatically using my mobile data connection without me going into them?
i have several apps that connect all the time
 
why is there no equalizer or at least preset options to choose from? like, pop, hip hop, bass booster etc? is there an app to sort this out?
 
can someone tell me how to disable apps from automatically using my mobile data connection without me going into them?
i have several apps that connect all the time
Settings, accounts and sync. Disable background data.
 
Using LeeDroid 1.4a now, works great...there is 1 thing that bothers me though....I cannot switch off my WiFi...The moment I switch it off it switches back on almost instantly. Annoying, since sometimes I need to do remote functions into my pc from my phone, and then I want it to switch to 3G or edge at least. Anybody else experience this? Was the same with the 1.3 build that I had for about a day.
 
Using LeeDroid 1.4a now, works great...there is 1 thing that bothers me though....I cannot switch off my WiFi...The moment I switch it off it switches back on almost instantly. Annoying, since sometimes I need to do remote functions into my pc from my phone, and then I want it to switch to 3G or edge at least. Anybody else experience this? Was the same with the 1.3 build that I had for about a day.

No dude, this is something else, I was on 1.2, 1.3 a couple of minutes, 1.4a and b, did not have any problem with wifi...
 
Maybe there should be a separate thread for ROOTING THE DESIRE. Everything else is getting lost here.

*Nie baas, moenie my slaan nie*
 
Mail App Kills Memory

I have been using my desire for prob about two months. My storage space keeps getting lower and i keep deleting apps. I realized it's the Mail App thats using 22.4mb of phone memory. How do i change or delete the data? In the app the only setting is for attachments to be cached on external storage. I dont wanna delete my emails from my gmail account, i just want them to not use my phone storage.

Any ideas?
 
I have been using my desire for prob about two months. My storage space keeps getting lower and i keep deleting apps. I realized it's the Mail App thats using 22.4mb of phone memory. How do i change or delete the data? In the app the only setting is for attachments to be cached on external storage. I dont wanna delete my emails from my gmail account, i just want them to not use my phone storage.

Any ideas?

Noticed that too - in fact, google talk won't start up, and gmail won't sync, if you haven't free'd up disc space. :(
Astro's backup 2 sd helps to free up space, but +1 to finding out how to delete the cache.
 
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> (your email client here) -> Clear cache.
 
Plenty of Cache cleaners it seems...but I suspect they all need Root. All the ones I found by looking for Cache in Android Market did anyways...and there also seemed to show up a ton of spammy hot girl apps when I looked for Cache...what in the world is the link?!
 
Plenty of Cache cleaners it seems...but I suspect they all need Root. All the ones I found by looking for Cache in Android Market did anyways...and there also seemed to show up a ton of spammy hot girl apps when I looked for Cache...what in the world is the link?!

Its on the phone already dude. Go into Menu - Settings - Application - Manage Applications - Make sure the top tab is on "all" - select your email app - select "Clear Cache"
 
Yeah, I know, but there are other cache cleaners that do 1 push cleaning of selected/all...much less of a mission;-) I used one for a bit, but after rooting it is not really needed atm.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X