OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I have the exact same problem. I am unable to change the MNC number. This is quite a problem for me. To those who have flashed custom ROMs, do you still have the MNC as 10? If so, could you please provide me with a dump?

Also have the same problem. Therefore can't get mms working... Hoping that htc/leaf hurry their arses up and that it's fixed in 2.2.
 
Has anyone used the ROM manager on LeeDroid's ROM?
I am on 1.3c, but i wanna upgrade and not have to go through all the hassle of backup and restore, can you use rom manager without having to reload everything on your fone again?
 
Remember, with LCD your viewing angle goes down the toilet, so if you are sharing a video with a friend it will look bad. And I dare say, the contrast ratio will be crap, so your pictures/graphics will look crap compared to a AMOLED screen. Then there is power usage. LCD has a back light, so where with AMOLED when there is black on the screen, the lights are physically off, but on LED they are on, so they use the same amount of power. But yeah, each has its advantages and disadvantages...educate yourself on what you will lose before you complain...I know I will fight to keep my AMOLED if it came down to it;-)
yea maybe then its not worth it
 
I toy with the idea every day... :p Main reason for not doing it right now is don't feel like setting stuff up how I like it all over again.

I know what you mean, but its not that bad, all your contacts and email is via Exchange accounts, sms backup does all sms's and titanium backup is everything... I have done mine like 5 times now, but the real schlep is installing all the apps, and logging in to everything again to sync, way easier than having to copy all your contacts to and from...IMO its worth it to root, you will not regret, and ask yourself why didn't you do it earlier, and go with the latest most stable release, I like Leedroids v1.6 just released...hence i wanna find out if ROM Manager will sort me out without having to reinstall everything. :)
 
Has anyone used the ROM manager on LeeDroid's ROM?
I am on 1.3c, but i wanna upgrade and not have to go through all the hassle of backup and restore, can you use rom manager without having to reload everything on your fone again?

I have ROM manager on but I have not used it really. But I read through the LeeDroid ROM thread on XDA and when you are on LeeDroid, you can just flash the newer version over the old one and keep everthing, only cache erase is needed as far as I know.

LeeDrOiD said:
Full wipe Only required if coming from a non Froyo rom (but always recommended)

LeeDrOiD said:
No Wipe for LeeDrOiD users....

I have not tried myself but I will be flashing 1.6 without full wipe later today, or tonight.
 
I have ROM manager on but I have not used it really. But I read through the LeeDroid ROM thread on XDA and when you are on LeeDroid, you can just flash the newer version over the old one and keep everthing, only cache erase is needed as far as I know.

I have not tried myself but I will be flashing 1.6 without full wipe later today, or tonight.



Cool, thanx. Which wipes/caches should we erase? Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset/wipe, or the other one(cant seem to remember what its called)?
 
Has anyone used the ROM manager on LeeDroid's ROM?
I am on 1.3c, but i wanna upgrade and not have to go through all the hassle of backup and restore, can you use rom manager without having to reload everything on your fone again?
Well, no. ROM manager manages ROMs, not your data. You need to back your stuff up. Look, just make sure that you're using legacy apps2sd; this way, you never have to install your apps again, they're always there even after a flash.
 
Hey guys,

Got myself a Desire on Saturday :D

Had a lot of phones this year - Blackberry 8900, Hero, iPhone 3Gs but planning to keep the Desire until my next upgrade in a year's time.

Very impressed with it so far - phone is smooth and responsive. Only gripes I have are that it does not have oleophobic coating and the apps and games are not as good as on the iphone. But I think that the apps will gradually improve - I saw that gameloft even ported some of the iPhone's better games, like N.O.V.A and Real Football.

Don't know yet whether I'm going to root the phone. I read through this forum and see that it is highly recommended, but it voids the warranty and unlike the iPhone I can't just restore it to the original state from a jailbroken one. So will see. If leaf is really slow with bringing out updates, like they are with other phones, maybe I will consider it for Android 3.0.
 
but it voids the warranty and unlike the iPhone I can't just restore it to the original state from a jailbroken one.

You most certainly can :) Why do you think all of us are okay to root? We're fine to root because we know that we can "unroot" just as easily :)
 
Cool, thanx. Which wipes/caches should we erase? Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset/wipe, or the other one(cant seem to remember what its called)?

Only Dalvik Cache as far as I know. Downloaded 1.6, copying to phone and then I will do it.
 
You most certainly can :) Why do you think all of us are okay to root? We're fine to root because we know that we can "unroot" just as easily :)

Nice - thanks for clarifying that! Will certainly consider rooting it now.

Deciding on a GPS now, seems that the two most viable offline options are Copilot and Ndrive. Got the NDrive trial so will check it out this week.
 
Cool, thanx. Which wipes/caches should we erase? Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset/wipe, or the other one(cant seem to remember what its called)?

Flashed 1.6 over 1.4, and I don't see any problems so far. Only did the cache wipe. not the full one.

Just a note, if you going to do 1.6 from LeeDrOiD, just be prepared for the startup sound, gave me a scare when I did not expect any noise...
 
Flashed 1.6 over 1.4, and I don't see any problems so far. Only did the cache wipe. not the full one.

Just a note, if you going to do 1.6 from LeeDrOiD, just be prepared for the startup sound, gave me a scare when I did not expect any noise...

LOLz I heard about the noise from Lee, doing it 3am in the morning is quite a scare,
So you only did Dalvik cache and then installed rom?
No factory reset/wipe, or other cache?
Did you flash using rom manager?

Did it keep your smses accounts etc?
 
You most certainly can :) Why do you think all of us are okay to root? We're fine to root because we know that we can "unroot" just as easily :)

You can only unroot if the phone is working... It is unlikely that you'll have a situation not quite as bad as claiming from insurance but bad enough to claim warranty and bad enough to not be able to flash the phone.
 
LOLz I heard about the noise from Lee, doing it 3am in the morning is quite a scare,
So you only did Dalvik cache and then installed rom?
No factory reset/wipe, or other cache?
Did you flash using rom manager?

Did it keep your smses accounts etc?

Yeah everything is still in tact, SMS, call logs, account settings and all.

Just used rom manager to boot into clockwork. Did the one non-full cache wipe option available, and flashed it.
 
Hi, hope someone can help.

Been battling with sending MMS on my phone. Its not rooted, data is enabled and I have changed the APN details as on the Vodacom website but still no luck. Can view internet and download apps no prob. Wondering if anyone else has had problems and any suggestions to fix?
 
You can only unroot if the phone is working... It is unlikely that you'll have a situation not quite as bad as claiming from insurance but bad enough to claim warranty and bad enough to not be able to flash the phone.

If they phone isn't working and you can't flash it, then they can't tell that it's rooted, as far as I know.
 
So I have been trying to flash all night....Downloaded LeeDroid's 1.6...I used mirrored downloads on both links, but the one was broken, so Rom Manager just gave me the finger...so second download....stops half way...refresh the page...He says "back in 10"...so I figure it's a fix or something...delete the 50% download...back up now, and it's 31% downloaded. So now I wait.

On my last installation I went big...just got Apps2SD setup for the first time on the last build, and I went nuts! I installed every app I I heard about, thought about, considered about...it was nuts! My apps list went on forever! Must say, started feeling a little bit rusty, but on my failed attempt at flashing earlier I wiped everything, so I ended up back to clean LeeDroid 1.4a with sense....and it seems even worse! I miss some HTC Sense widgets, but not worth it...too slow! I am a speed freak now:-)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X