OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

To be honest: No. Cannot really feel any major improvements since it was good to start with. Like the Wifi hotspot option that available now and the supposed better Microsoft Exchange and Ituns sync functions (yet to test it), but other than that its business as usual.

One way I tested was to install Quake 3 on the phone....it worked on stock, but it was slow, especially on the menus of all things! Then after I rooted and 2.2'd, I tried Quake 3 again...the menus were as smooth as on my pc years ago when played with a graphics card. Not done is since though, but that showed me a major performance boost.
 
I heard the ps3 update is giving problems, so I'm waiting to update mine :/
 
You guys are going to settings-»about phone-» system software update-»check? Coz there's no update available on my side. Vodacom through autopage.
 
Jip just checked settings-»about phone-» system software update-»check, and there it showed up! I'm on mtn, can't think that only mtn can have it?
 
my mtn desire is still not showing any fffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkk update.
 
Another thread says it's coming out in batches, maybe Gauteng is first and then province to province!
 
How many Gauteng people have the update available? I'm 1, so anyone else? Then maybe we can see if this is area by area
 
If its area to area im getting in my car now and driving to GAUTENG
 
I'm in Gauteng, and I'm running Froyo, but I didn't get it via the update :P I've been running Froyo for what must be a month already :P
 
the method they show is not like rootings
its just downloading and putting it on the sd card n rebooting the fone and chosing one thing and then its done it seems
jus saves u from downloading via wifi i reckon
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X