OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Can somebody please tell me where to download Froyo, since the damn OTA doesn't work!
 
XDA Developers. There is a link earlier on in this thread.
 
Can somebody please tell me where to download Froyo, since the damn OTA doesn't work!

Did you try and restart your phone. Mine bombed and I rebooted the phone and it picked up the OTA again and worked 100's
 
I was waiting for an update from 1.15.405.4(MTN unbranded as far as I know), but decided to try a manual update. Going straight to Froyo gave the status 7 error, so I updated to 1.21 first and then did the froyo update, which all went smoothly :)

mjwitter - You are DA MAN! :-)

I was also getting the "Status 7" error on my Vodacom Desire and I thought, o well, maybe it's branded(not that there was ANY sign of branding on the phone), so i will have to wait for the official update. But as per your suggestion, going from 1.15 to 1.21, THEN to the Froyo update WORKED!!!

Thanks for the suggestion, it made my day :-)
 
Everyone with branded VC phones... :p :p
Vodascum :sick:

Luckly i'm a mtn fanboi :D
 
I think that im gonna wait for LeeDroid 1.7 to stabilize before i go ahead and do a complete wipe and reflash... I see that 1.7a is already available! out of interest has anybody tried the Defrost ROM? What are some of the pros and cons of using this ROM?
 
From what I've read the custom roms seems to have enough of their own problems.

as of today where most good ones are based on this official release anyway, the problems are on the custom ones and the normal one. Just pick the one that has the problems you don't use, or don't mind.

catweasel said:
I dont know where to even start. What should i be looking for when picking a rom. I believe there are quite a few out there already. I see guys having issues with their roms. See the numerous post in the HTC desire thread.

At the moment i dont have any problems with the standard rom, so not really compelled to root.

Rooting and installing a custom ROM is not much different than what you need to do to install this official update. Just check the most viewed ROMs on XDA or just ask on this forum, for me at the moment its LeeDrOiD.

I think that im gonna wait for LeeDroid 1.7 to stabilize before i go ahead and do a complete wipe and reflash... I see that 1.7a is already available! out of interest has anybody tried the Defrost ROM? What are some of the pros and cons of using this ROM?

Yeah but check the changes in 1.7 to 1.7a, its mostly adding and removing of apps. Only 2 minor fixes that I never use anyway, so just check the changes made, and see if you use it or not...
 
Last edited:
Incase you guys are battling to get the chrome to phone function to work(i was a dork and downloaded the pc extension to my phone) here is the steps for getting it to work
 
IMO i had a look at threads from XDA, apparently the official OTA updates your hboot to a newer version that removes your right to root your fone, hence i didnt use OTA, i went with leedroids ROM, yes they do have their problems but 99% of the issues on leedroids rom comes from people who DIDN'T READ the instructions carefully. I rooted and dont have any issues, in fact now my device is far superior than any other i ever came accross, so in motor english what most guys would understand official OTA is like having the latest standard service done to your GTI, but custom, is like taking it to turbonetics and having them dyno tune your GTI to max performance :)

Leedroids can be found here, and the forum is very helpful : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724123

once you took the green pill and rooted you can unroot and choose another pill.

bricking is possible, but sometimes can be easily fixed... scary i know, i thought i bricked mine at one point, but it was just the recovery doing its thing, hence read the instructions carefully here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696189
There are video links to make it easier for you so its not so much scarier

PS the new leedroid will have the new gallery app like in: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=wLl32iNz-3o pinch to peek
 
Last edited:
If anyone is prepared to email me the swype apk?? :)

Has anyone been able to get the black android keyboard (LatinIME) working on a stock froyo 2.2 setup?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X