OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Downloaded it with my PC, quickl setup SMB, transferred file, running update now...oops did not backup .. oh well!

Vodacom
(Downloaded File Manually)
Not Rooted

still busy with update
EDIT: WooWoot - "Congratulations! Your phone has been updated successfully to version 2.09.405.8"
 
Last edited:
Woot, the link on XDA works:

Android version 2.2
Build Number 2.09.405.8

:D

Not much is different - the manage applications menu looks a bit nicer, they've thrown a decent flashlight app in and there seem to be on or two small tweaks. Speed seems about the same, but I haven't done anything to push it.

And the update doesn't wipe any settings, so no need to worry about backing up. My Sense launcher kept FCing - if that happens to anyone else, just clear its data in the manage applications menu.
 
Can you guys start saving apps to the SD card?
 
ok... shyte, I'm getting a reoccurring htc sense application error. It auto forces the app close, then tries to reload it... all the freakin time.....
 
ok... shyte, I'm getting a reoccurring htc sense application error. It auto forces the app close, then tries to reload it... all the freakin time.....

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> HTC Sense -> Clear Data

Same thing happened to me, that fixed it.

@Catweasel - you can install to SD if the app has it enabled.
 
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> HTC Sense -> Clear Data

Same thing happened to me, that fixed it.

@Catweasel - you can install to SD if the app has it enabled.


only button that works is the search key, and that searches google online :( stupid loop error is common I see.....
 

yip.... cant get to my applications settings to reset my HTC Sense .. oh well, will just revert back to factory settings and start a fresh.... but theres nothing wrong with the file, just obviously i deleted something I wasnt suppose to somewhere... has to do with the home screens or something ....eish

Heres a posiible way to recify it, but it isnt workig for me : http://myhtcdesire.com/tutorials/fi...ess-com-htc-launcher-has-stopped-unexpectedly
 
Last edited:
*Sigh* :-(

I get the "Status 7" error while updating. Seems the phone is branded in some way - although I can't see any branding on the phone, there were also never any Vodafone/Vodacom splash screens or anything.

Anybody else here had success in upgrading a HTC Desire you got from Vodacom?

Or have a way around the "Status 7" error?

Dang - was so looking forward to Froyo :-)
 
Nashua Mobile
Centurion
Not rooted

Updated last night, but it bricked my phone! It got stuck in a loop saying "loading", "error starting HTC Sense", "loading. Restarting, taking the battery out, etc, didn't help.

Did a factory reset (turn off the phone, press volume down and then press power (while still holding vol down)) and that fixed it
 
hahahaha, this 'official' update has made some good laughs for me today :P
 
Anybody else here had success in upgrading a HTC Desire you got from Vodacom?

Yep, I updated succesfully. I can't wait to get home to find out what's different.

BTW how do I get to install apps on the memory card?
 
Who da froyo!

Manual update. Its easy. It works. It took half an hour to download, and ten minutes to install. And WOW the difference ... NOT.
 
yip.... cant get to my applications settings to reset my HTC Sense .. oh well, will just revert back to factory settings and start a fresh.... but theres nothing wrong with the file, just obviously i deleted something I wasnt suppose to somewhere... has to do with the home screens or something ....eish

Heres a posiible way to recify it, but it isnt workig for me : http://myhtcdesire.com/tutorials/fi...ess-com-htc-launcher-has-stopped-unexpectedly

where about do you copy the file onto you sd card?
 
Who da froyo!

Manual update. Its easy. It works. It took half an hour to download, and ten minutes to install. And WOW the difference ... NOT.
you saying there is not much of an improvement?
 
Updated my Desire using the manual method after not seeing the update via OTA.
It all went smoothly. Now running Froyo! :D
 
*Sigh* :-(

I get the "Status 7" error while updating. Seems the phone is branded in some way - although I can't see any branding on the phone, there were also never any Vodafone/Vodacom splash screens or anything.

Anybody else here had success in upgrading a HTC Desire you got from Vodacom?

Or have a way around the "Status 7" error?

Dang - was so looking forward to Froyo :-)

Also got the same error :( i'm on vodacom
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X