Official ICC World T20 thread

But after playing 18 Twenty20 internationals this was the lowest total recorded by England, and it renewed fears that Paul Collingwood's lack the skills required to threaten the best teams in the shortest format of the game.

I find that a bit harsh, why are they looking at the him if the entire team cannot score runs?

WTF do you do as a captain when you have a team with one batsmen who can do any damage? I can understand if you make poor decisions when fielding and what bowlers to use but when your team does not fire and honestly only one guy is capable of winning matches for them what can you do?
 
But after playing 18 Twenty20 internationals this was the lowest total recorded by England, and it renewed fears that Paul Collingwood's lack the skills required to threaten the best teams in the shortest format of the game.

I find that a bit harsh, why are they looking at the him if the entire team cannot score runs?

WTF do you do as a captain when you have a team with one batsmen who can do any damage?

nothing wroth with collingwood, Pieterson, Bopara, Write and Dimitry, they have 1 big problem though : "BROAD!!!", he is useless,....

the fact that england still plays T20 like test cricket is why they are losing. simple as that.
 
nothing wroth with collingwood, Pieterson, Bopara, Write and Dimitry, they have 1 big problem though : "BROAD!!!", he is useless,....

the fact that england still plays T20 like test cricket is why they are losing. simple as that.

Broad looks like a girlyman.
 
collingwood, Pieterson, Bopara, Write and Dimitry

Compare those to the like of kallis smith gibbs ab albie etc, add in our really amazing bowlers and i think those 3 are poor and peiterson stands out but those are not players who will hit 60 of 20.
 
The thing to worry about with SA is this, they can get tied down. We've just been very very very lucky its not happen when they taken to the cleaners in bowling and fielding as well. Indian + Nz+ SL + Windies batsmen look daunting(windies not as much due to their lack of fielding ability)

I'm not so sure SA batsmen will be up for a high total vs quality bowling + fielding to be honest
 
Last edited:
I hope this won't bit me in the ass but it think we must easily 3/10 to win this comp. Cannot really see how we lose :p
 
The thing to worry about with SA is this, they can get tied down. We've just been very very very lucky its not happen when they taken to the cleaners in bowling and fielding as well. Indian + Nz+ SL + Windies batsmen look daunting(windies not as much due to their lack of fielding ability)

I'm not so sure SA batsmen will be up for a high total vs quality bowling + fielding to be honest

a Bit unfair. The matches vs nz and england were played on wickets were nz and england also struggled. Our boys haven't been tied down on good wickets. I am not worried about the batsmen.
 
I hope this won't bit me in the ass but it think we must easily 3/10 to win this comp. Cannot really see how we lose :p

touch wood

We've been good in every cricket world cup...always been one of the favourites bar the 1992 WC in England...then we always manage to somehow let it slip.:rolleyes:
 
touch wood

We've been good in every cricket world cup...always been one of the favourites bar the 1992 WC in England...then we always manage to somehow let it slip.:rolleyes:
I think this time we have the team and the temperament. And we're certainly due some luck. So we'll win :D
 
Every time the rednecks get owned completes me.

LOl....:D, i get the exact same same feeling, but only the opposite, when us rooi nekke do the owning, problem is we have not owned the boeretjies in Cricket or Rugby for awhile now.:(

Hopefully the B&I lions can turn that around.;)
 
The thing to worry about with SA is this, they can get tied down. We've just been very very very lucky its not happen when they taken to the cleaners in bowling and fielding as well. Indian + Nz+ SL + Windies batsmen look daunting(windies not as much due to their lack of fielding ability)

I'm not so sure SA batsmen will be up for a high total vs quality bowling + fielding to be honest

Lol did I get that game wrong!!!

I agree Krycor. So far SA batsmen have scored low totals in the past 2 matches. What happens when they come up against a real attack like SL, India and Pakis(good bowlers)... guess we'll have to wait and see!

Colingwood was so poor in the field! They should have kept the fielders in the ring atleast till SA tried to go over them!!
 
The thing to worry about with SA is this, they can get tied down. We've just been very very very lucky its not happen when they taken to the cleaners in bowling and fielding as well. Indian + Nz+ SL + Windies batsmen look daunting(windies not as much due to their lack of fielding ability)

I'm not so sure SA batsmen will be up for a high total vs quality bowling + fielding to be honest

Yes I mean we did show that we lacked that against NZ :rolleyes:

touch wood

We've been good in every cricket world cup...always been one of the favourites bar the 1992 WC in England...then we always manage to somehow let it slip.:rolleyes:

SAd but true :o:(
 
Well if they open with gibbs we can set high totals :p, sure kallis is good at getting a decent 50 when chasing low totals but can he step up and hit 60 off 25 deliveries upfront against good bowling? Can he destroy an attack in the opening 6 overs?

We are going to find out shortly. Yes i am biased because i love watching gibbs open :p
 
Now if only Biff would stop with that bloody gum I'd actually like him 100%....:D
 
Well if they open with gibbs we can set high totals :p, sure kallis is good at getting a decent 50 when chasing low totals but can he step up and hit 60 off 25 deliveries upfront against good bowling? Can he destroy an attack in the opening 6 overs?

We are going to find out shortly. Yes i am biased because i love watching gibbs open :p

Agreed. I think Kallis is opening so that he gets more time to get set, then pick up tempo...if he comes in later he would have to go hard from start.

However Gibbs seems wasted at 3. Have him open , throw the bat and if it works they take control. If he loses wicket early, then still enough overs for Kallis to get off to normal start.

cheers
 
It was a great game. However, there is one thing that is bugging me, Wayne Parnell is a great bowler, but going for 9.50 an over in such a tight game is just not on. He kept dishing up full tosses to Oram of all people.

And he was not swinging the ball, and IMO, he bowled so full to try and get some swing, but I did not see any of his swing. And yet at the other end Steyn and Kallis were moving the ball sideways!

Time to give Abdullah a shot I think.

Never have I enjoyed being proved WRONG like yesterday. Maybe Parnell read my comments. :o
 
The thing to worry about with SA is this, they can get tied down. We've just been very very very lucky its not happen when they taken to the cleaners in bowling and fielding as well. Indian + Nz+ SL + Windies batsmen look daunting(windies not as much due to their lack of fielding ability)

I'm not so sure SA batsmen will be up for a high total vs quality bowling + fielding to be honest

The pitch they played on was used and tired, that was why they were scoring slowly. I dont see any team getting close to 200 on these pitches.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X