Official ICC World T20 thread

There is no advantage to this system in my opinion. IT makes most of the group matches totally irrelevant.
 
Power failure at work means i have to watch the cricket on cricinfo. I don't even know why i bothered to come in today.
 
Jayasuria is why i think gibbs should open, 81 off 47 wow awesome. He may not come off every game but man when he does it's devastating.
 
Funny that. They seemed to slow down just as Mendis and Murali started bowling. :D

Both are in my fantasy team btw.
 
sangakara is a good pick to have in a team as he shows up as a batsman but is playing as a wicket keeper today. I think i will change mine to akmal as he seems quite good too compared to boucher(scoring runs incl have good stumping chances)
 
sangakara is a good pick to have in a team as he shows up as a batsman but is playing as a wicket keeper today. I think i will change mine to akmal as he seems quite good too compared to boucher(scoring runs incl have good stumping chances)

Boucher is not always going to bat, and the same goes for Dhoni. MaCullum and Akmal will always bat + keep.
 
Seems like SA cricket is going through the same problem SA rugby is...just way too much depth for our own good. It's a good problem to have...just hope our guys are more patriotic than the Pietersens of this world and wait their turn.

I reckon once Kallis, Gibbs and Boucher retire we'll have enough depth to easily fill their roles in the team. I understand the reasoning behind keeping one starting 11 through the tournament but I wish they would have at least given Yusuf some game time in the warm ups. I'm a little worried if we have an injury to either Steyn or Parnell the replacements will be rusty.
 
It was a great game. However, there is one thing that is bugging me, Wayne Parnell is a great bowler, but going for 9.50 an over in such a tight game is just not on.

Lies , damn lies and statistics...or is it more correct that statistics are accurate, its just the way we wish to interpret it that isn't.

Yes, Parnell went for a few in his first over...that happens. However, he bowled extremely well in his second and third (3rd last over) and that was part of reason NZ needed 15 in last over. Then of course last over you could bowl very well and still go for 13 (of which 2 was a dropped catch)..but you won the game.
He handled the pressure.

cheers
 
Think we will kill the English tonight!

Just hope the weather there is not rainy. A 7 over match is never anyones friend.
 
Yes because the english is such a feared unit :rolleyes:

I mean lucky for them that tough games against the Netherlands showed just how good they are.

All the teams in the competition are "feared units" cept The Dutch.
I just doubt it will be a walkover...

Complacency in World Cups, havent we seen all this before? SA on fire in tournament and as the competition progresses, they loose it....
 
All the teams in the competition are "feared units" cept The Dutch.
I just doubt it will be a walkover...

Complacency in World Cups, havent we seen all this before? SA on fire in tournament and as the competition progresses, they loose it....

Yes but a victory with 30 + runs in T20 IMO is a big victory.

Also Im not throwing any team away im just saying we should win.

On paper its between us and india atm.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X