Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was more down to the 10 men (and then just dropping our heads after that second goal) than not having Carrick

We played well in the beginning but didnt get the goal/s - I think Vidic was missed

Even down to 10 men, he would have protected the back and not run up like a tool every couple seconds like Fletcher and Anderson only for City to break and score again and again. It was ridiculous. We played with the tactic of a primary school team at times in the 2nd half. Even Jones and Evra were ridiculous, how many times did they run up and not cover the back?
 
If anything, our goal screwed us over even more. After United scored, they thought they could grab another and pushed up even higher. City countered us easily.
 
Even down to 10 men, he would have protected the back and not run up like a tool every couple seconds like Fletcher and Anderson only for City to break and score again and again. It was ridiculous. We played with the tactic of a primary school team at times in the 2nd half. Even Jones and Evra were ridiculous, how many times did they run up and not cover the back?
I understand what you saying there and I did see that - But why didnt Vidic play?
 
I understand what you saying there and I did see that - But why didnt Vidic play?

No idea boet.. He played in midweek. Maybe SAF thought the sending off was a bad omen.

As for Evans, I've supported that dumbass for a long time, but after that utter stupidity last night, I'd be glad not to see him play any big games for United. I couldn't believe it, he actually was closer to the ball than Balotelli, yet had no confidence to attack the ball, rather waited for Mario to pass him then tug him back. What the hell was that?
 
No idea boet.. He played in midweek. Maybe SAF thought the sending off was a bad omen.

As for Evans, I've supported that dumbass for a long time, but after that utter stupidity last night, I'd be glad not to see him play any big games for United. I couldn't believe it, he actually was closer to the ball than Balotelli, yet had no confidence to attack the ball, rather waited for Mario to pass him then tug him back. What the hell was that?
To think that Vidic is fit and wont be playing UEFA - only made sense that he would play along side Ferdi in what was the biggest game so far. Im thinking it was punishment for the Red card like he did with Rooney and the Liverpool game (fergie's a disciniplanarian and a stubborn one at that..)
 
Times are a-changing at the top of the table. As much as I hate City for buying success, I am glad United got pegged down a notch :D
 
No idea boet.. He played in midweek. Maybe SAF thought the sending off was a bad omen.

As for Evans, I've supported that dumbass for a long time, but after that utter stupidity last night, I'd be glad not to see him play any big games for United. I couldn't believe it, he actually was closer to the ball than Balotelli, yet had no confidence to attack the ball, rather waited for Mario to pass him then tug him back. What the hell was that?

I've been saying time after time Evans needs to GTFO!
 
Times are a-changing at the top of the table. As much as I hate City for buying success, I am glad United got pegged down a notch :D
Heard that one before and we won title 19 just last year....:)
 
Sir Alex Ferguson described Manchester United's 6-1 thrashing by rivals City as his "worst ever day" at the club and promised: "There will be a response."
Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko each scored twice as City tore United - who had Jonny Evans sent off - apart.
Ferguson said: "It's the worst result in my history. The impact will come from the embarrassment of the defeat."
Sergio Aguero and David Silva also scored for City in United's biggest Old Trafford defeat since 1955.
Ferguson believes the loss - which ended their run of 19 consecutive home wins in the Premier League - was self-inflicted, and criticised his team's gung-ho approach.
"It was a horrible defeat but it was suicidal," added the United boss.
"Jonny Evans's sending off was a killer for us. With 10 men we kept attacking - it was crazy football and ended up being an embarrassment. We should have just said: 'We've had our day'.
"I believe you shouldn't bring down a man on the edge of the box. Evans is young but he should let Balotelli go through and see what he can do.
"I thought with the experience we've got - Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra - they would have defended more but we just kept attacking. Sometimes there has to be common sense about it. It was a bad day."
Despite the manner of the defeat, Ferguson insisted that United will recover and close the five-point gap that now separates them and City.
"We'll come back," he said. "We usually get the show on the road in the second half of the season and that will have to be the case.
"We've played all the teams around us and they all have to play each other so the second half of the season is important to us now.
"We will react, no question about that. It's a perfect result for us to react to because there is a lot of embarrassment in the dressing room and that will make an impact.
"I can't believe the scoreline. Even as a player I don't think I ever lost 6-1. That's a challenge for me too."
 
Will be a lol if Aldershot give the Utd back 4 a torrid time.

Utd should score half a dozen....
But stranger things have happened !
 
Will be a lol if Aldershot give the Utd back 4 a torrid time.

Utd should score half a dozen....
But stranger things have happened !

So after the 1-6 thrashing, do you think will stick with his attitude towards these games and send out a youthful or should I say 2nd string side. With the likes of Owen and Vidic and Hernandez and Jones
 
pressure will be on utd to perform tonight. players will be expected to turn up. the longer the game goes on 0-0 then Aldershot will get more confident.
 
pressure will be on utd to perform tonight. players will be expected to turn up. the longer the game goes on 0-0 then Aldershot will get more confident.

I think Liverpool fans should rather be worrying about a cold night at the Britannia rather than speculating wether United will be able to turn over a 4th tier side.
 
Sunday's beating from Man City was a wake up call for us. It's time recognise City as real title contenders and pick a team that you would to play Barca. As much as I dislike City, I will admit that they have a group of top class players who can beat any team on the day. Sunday sure as hell wasn't our day. I was shocked to see Evans in the starting XI - why not play Jones or Smalling in central defence and Fabio on the right? We are in desperate need of a central midfield commander - like Keane - to control the game.

In Fergie we trust - let's bounce back from this defeat and do the best we can to win some important silverware this season!
 
Last edited:
I think Liverpool fans should rather be worrying about a cold night at the Britannia rather than speculating wether United will be able to turn over a 4th tier side.

Can't Utd supporters handle constructive criticism or the truth for that matter. Or is it just a ploy to avoid the subject, by diverting the issue.

No need to worry about Liverpool, we are just unlucky. But you guys really need to worry about your defence. Your defence has been lacking since the beginning of the season
 
Can't Utd supporters handle constructive criticism or the truth for that matter. Or is it just a ploy to avoid the subject, by diverting the issue.

No need to worry about Liverpool, we are just unlucky. But you guys really need to worry about your defence. Your defence has been lacking since the beginning of the season

I am not a United fan and enjoyed their defeat about as much as I enjoyed you guys dropping 2 points against Norwich. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X