Official shot outside Newlands

We don't know the extent of the cop's injuries if any. He may have nothing but a bruise.

He appeared in court today with his hand in a bandage and lacerations to his head (from an earlier article I posted). Obviously he was also "rushed" to hospital where they kept him overnight it seems.

I don't know why you've just decided to take MerryFeather's (or w/e) side on this and try to make the cop "guilty" without knowing any facts (or with ignorning them).
 
Ye... I suppose. Cops are people too.

I think because he was a metro (who don't carry guns) this is going to be tried like a road rage incident.

Metro police do carry guns though, but it sounds like he was part of the old school Cape Town traffic police who still don't carry guns afaik. Someone earlier mentioned that it might have been Ferryweather's gun that the officer used in the end. Which would be strange.. well we'll have to wait for the court date or for the mother to give her side of the story at least.
 
He appeared in court today with his hand in a bandage and lacerations to his head (from an earlier article I posted). Obviously he was also "rushed" to hospital where they kept him overnight it seems.

I don't know why you've just decided to take MerryFeather's (or w/e) side on this and try to make the cop "guilty" without knowing any facts (or with ignorning them).

He probably believes cops cannot be assaulted. :rolleyes:
 
He probably believes cops cannot be assaulted. :rolleyes:

Well it also sounds like he's basing it on his own run in with a cop from that area, which is kind of silly but I'm also suspicious of some police/metros who really should not be in positions of power precisely because it leads to things like this.
 
Well it also sounds like he's basing it on his own run in with a cop from that area, which is kind of silly but I'm also suspicious of some police/metros who really should not be in positions of power precisely because it leads to things like this.

I've generally found Cape Town metro cops to be very level headed - but I know there's those that probably don't handle situations very well at all.
 
Hmm apparently Ian Sinclair is actually a coloured cop. But I don't think it matters terribly except that Ferryweather looks even worse for beating someone he's basically admitted to hating.

I've generally found Cape Town metro cops to be very level headed - but I know there's those that probably don't handle situations very well at all.

I've found the same, especially when they're senior cops that are 50. Most of the ones that give trouble are young new recruits who've just joined the police for a job and come from bad backgrounds/areas. Not to say a 50 year old cop can't also be as bad or even to blame for starting this.
 
Last edited:
Well if the cop was having his head smashed in, then I'm ok with him using his firearm in self defense.

And based on his Facebook account details, I'm not really sympathetic to him, but condolences to the family. A loss of life is not easy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Saw the cop on the news, definitely is white. Also doesn't look very good for 50 and a bit overweight, this Merryfeather guy was obviously stronger than him and imo deserved it if he's going to try beat up a police officer unless he was really hurting his mother.
 
in actual fact, this country has just been through a day - "act against abuse towards women and children". or whatever the wording is.
that cop should have known better to manhandle a woman around, he is there to protect any women or child. had this been your wife or mother in the same situation, would you stand there and have a discussion with some man about roughing her around? i think not.
maybe the cricket official did go a bit far, but when is too far if you're witnessing aggression towards a woman, especially it being your mother. that could possibly have been the factor that triggered the maniac in him. it may be just the factor that could bring the psycho out in you.
 
The papers said there were no physical signs of injury apart from a bandage on his left hand. For someone beaten so terribly against a car, he looked quite unscathed.
 
Those two toppies have been on traffic control in that area for years now - never found them to be particularly aggressive - a bit officious maybe, but then most cops are like that - that area is so congested and busy when there are cricket / rugby matches on that they need to be quite strict otherwise traffic becomes an even worse nightmare.

I doubt that he intended to kill him - FerryMerry's luck simply ran out...
 
in actual fact, this country has just been through a day - "act against abuse towards women and children". or whatever the wording is.
that cop should have known better to manhandle a woman around, he is there to protect any women or child.

HTF do you know that is what happened? So far that is an isolated rumour I've seen on MyBB. Seriously wtf goes around beating up woman in public?
 
He killed an unarmed person with a firearm. If I did that I would expect worse to happen. In fact just pointing a firearm can land one in hot water.

A while back a friend of mine got into a scuffle with a guy, his firearm went off killing the other guy on the spot. He got 6months - not for murder but for a firearm violation that he admitted to. Wait till the facts come out before speculation.
 
Same here. Not heard or read about it. Oh wait, its MyBB so it must be true.

That's how it works here, bud. One numbskull starts a rumour to support his claim (completely unsubstantiated) and all of a sudden it's fact.

You should know the drill by now.;)

Edit: oops actually wanted to reply to Ponder, don't know how I muddled it up.
 
A source says :” He left the group, went to the motorist and was busy writing her a ticket, when the victim arrived. There was an exchange of words, after which Fairweather got into his vehicle. He was about to reverse, when he stopped the car and got out again”. This was when the scuffle ensued.


From the above it sounds like he was a **** looking for trouble , guess we have to wait and see but I must admit the cop looks like he was in thr right so far
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X