Official Super Rugby 2014 Thread

Nailed it. I said by 3 it was by 2. The full time score is Hurricanes 16 (13) Highlanders 18 (9)

Good, the next game... You know Sharks on tour. Brumbies had them for breakfast, Saders will have them for lunch and Blues will have a quick dinner. I see that only four of us made the Highlanders pick in the MyBB SR pool.
 
Good, the next game... You know Sharks on tour. Brumbies had them for breakfast, Saders will have them for lunch and Blues will have a quick dinner. I see that only four of us made the Highlanders pick in the MyBB SR pool.

Sweet - only four.

Picking the Crusaders for anything except a lamb-raping competition just seems wrong. Earlier this year, I decided to take the SA team against the odds and I have GENERALLY stuck with that (except when those odds are stacked way against).
 
I have gone sharks for 3 reasons:

(a) I maintain that the mutton-pounding sister-muffing cousin-marrying rat-milking mother-whoring cum buckets known as the crusaders are trading on name and simply not that good anymore. Make no mistake, they can turn a good game but they are far from the best.
(b) This year represents the best opportunity the sharks will ever have of taking the title and they know that. Their grip on the cup can only ever enter their imaginations with key tour wins. This is one of them.They have the upper hand - they just need to play it.
(c) To get free beer and **** from M_H

I am trying to read between the lines here, GGG. You terribly fond the Crusaders are you? Or is it the free beer up for grabs that motivates your wee bit of dislike toward them :D

I want the Hurricanes to win because I picked them and like them, but I want them to lose because I want the Crusaders to advance on the log. First world rugby problem.

I therefore read into this that you would prefer the Sharks to lose? :wtf:

Nailed it. I said by 3 it was by 2. The full time score is Hurricanes 16 (13) Highlanders 18 (9)

Hereby goes any chance of a GSP. Frigging kids from the highlands pulling the wool over the windies :mad:
 
I am trying to read between the lines here, GGG. You terribly fond the Crusaders are you? Or is it the free beer up for grabs that motivates your wee bit of dislike toward them :D

Beer being good and all that, liking the NZ/Oz teams is grounds for disinheritance, excommunication and shame in my parts. Much like apostasy in Sudan. Plus, they are far less removed from homo sapiens neanderthalensis than the rest of civilisation. Check that one pic - looks like McCaw.
 
Beer being good and all that, liking the NZ/Oz teams is grounds for disinheritance, excommunication and shame in my parts. Much like apostasy in Sudan. Plus, they are far less removed from homo sapiens neanderthalensis than the rest of civilisation. Check that one pic - looks like McCaw.

That's Chabal...

4404985.jpg
 
Unfortunately. Still my top SA team, though. :p


Yeah...

It's :( but :) but :(

So spit it out then. Who did you pick, Sharks or Crusaders? From all you've said it seems that you are willing a Crusaders win?

Beer being good and all that, liking the NZ/Oz teams is grounds for disinheritance, excommunication and shame in my parts. Much like apostasy in Sudan. Plus, they are far less removed from homo sapiens neanderthalensis than the rest of civilisation. Check that one pic - looks like McCaw.

Been reading through some of the comments on CNN. The article is reaching toward 27,000 comments since 01h30GMT. Man alive, it is heated in there. Makes some of the brawls in this forum look like child's play :p
 
I dunno if I wasn't paying attention or literally just haven't seen him in action but does anyone know anything about the ref in the Sharks/Saders game - Rohan Hoffman?
 
I dunno if I wasn't paying attention or literally just haven't seen him in action but does anyone know anything about the ref in the Sharks/Saders game - Rohan Hoffman?

Looks somewhat familiar. Ozzie-Porra, apparently. :wtf:

I see he got some flack for his handling of previous games... Doesn't bode well...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X