Official Super Rugby Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
StevieG just convinced someone?! :eek:

The sky!! Oh, the sky!!!

I think I may have been insulted somewhere there. I'll explain my reasons for leaning towards WP shortly but first:


You're going to allow a few beers to make the "right" call? :eek:

Unless you have a better, tried and tested foolproof method, then yes: it is how I made all my important decisions in life :D

It's for this reason that I stopped playing Superbru. Rooting for the home side while secretly hoping they lose.

Ja tell me about it. It is why I also run out of steam.

NOW: Not that I am lending any credibility to Rob Houwing but at the beginning of the year, he felt that the two leading SA teams would be stormers and sharks. He wrote the BULLS off as also-rans and figured the Cheetahs and the kings would fight it out for the bottom. Even though I won't give him this credibility, he isn't an idiot - he does at least have a clue. And on paper, at the beginning of the year, he looked correct. I still feel that (again, on paper) the stormers have the advantage. I know, the game isn't played on paper. But Superbru is. The stormers simply have to engage a better gear - they are running out of time. I'd hate to see an Ozzie team come here and wipe out the (apparently) strongest SA teams on home ground. As a BULLS fan, I do know that Rob hasn't got a clue because he wrote us off when we are seemingly the best performers so far. We're certainly better than the sharks and stormers and wouldn't let those poofters from down under bully us on our home ground. (OK, finished stirring).

I'm gonna go stormers over brumbies.

My real posers are:
reds - BULLS: Reds haven't been impressive but they do have 3 wins - just like the BULLS, who are now hurting after that Crusaders game. That the force took 'em out last week means the Reds may just be on the back foot so maybe the BULLS can (in fact, we know they can) hammer them but it would be a difficult task, make no mistake.
force - CHEETAHS: And speaking of mistakes, writing off the Force last week was a popular one across Superbru. Then again, an equally popular mistake was writing off the Cheetahs who are having a blinder on tour. I am tempted to go Cheetahs. Hell, I have to, because of sand_man's comment quoted above. In fact, that comment seals the deal - I'd rather lose superbru than root for some Ozzie fcks!

BULLS and CHEETAHS picked.
 
Tough picks were tough - I'd hate it if the stupid Force costs me my GSP again :cry:

Chiefs
Saders
Reds - Bulls side is too chopped up for my liking
Cheetahs - naturally!
Sharks
Brumbies
Blues

Margins are also going to be a factor, I have gotten the Kings margins horribly wrong and you don't know with this lackluster Sharks outfit. . .
 
For me the tough ones were also the Reds - Bulls and the Force - Cheetahs. The Reds are tough at home but they really aren't playing well and the Bulls are playing with a lot of youngsters which may or may not help. As for the Force game, well I would have thought the Cheetahs would take it easily if it wasn't for the Force beating the Reds last week and the Cheetahs playing without Goosen.

And there's one game that I find dodgy this weekend. I see the Blues as clear favourites against a Waratahs team that's really struggling... and yet the bookies don't favour the Blues all that much. Something just seems off about it.

*edit*

Oh yeah and the other game that's tough to call: Stormers vs Brumbies. I'm going with my heart and hoping the Stormers will win. Go Stormers! :D
 
Sjoh Apoc. Crusaders by 49, huh? :D

LOL. So somebody saw that?

I picked that way because of all the drama surrounding the foreign players again. You will be naive if you think it won't affect the team and performance. And the fact that the Crusaders seem to be back to the Crusaders we are used to and also of course travel fatigue. First time that a lot of these players will be traveling so far.
 
LOL. So somebody saw that?

I picked that way because of all the drama surrounding the foreign players again. You will be naive if you think it won't affect the team and performance. And the fact that the Crusaders seem to be back to the Crusaders we are used to and also of course travel fatigue. First time that a lot of these players will be traveling so far.

Yah, it could be a bludgeoning. First game overseas, in Christchurch nogal! The Crusaders have this ability to really build momentum and run with it, so if they get going quick against the Kings it could turn ugly quick.
 
It always seems that on the rare occasion that I get a bonus points, at least two others have picked the same margin as me! :(

With the exception of the Sharks game, when they won by 7 points :p
 
Weird tactic that the Kings are adopting - going for a penalties rather than tries. They went for a penalty in the 21st minute, despite being two tries down...

Maybe they want some points on the scoreboard.
 
Ffs Supersport streaming is not working with my old deets, dammit, anyone have an alternative?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X